+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Nostalgia... it's not a hand cream

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

I remember those 'lick and stick' tattoos for your skin; that's not what they were called but I'm going with that.

Yummy.

Remember when you could buy a new game for £1.99

How about getting up on a saturday morning to watch Swap Shop.

The bike I wanted so much as a kid but never got.
    Surely you can't be serious!

Ahhh, the old Mastertronic logo! Awesome days.
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I've never once heard of a white Vektar, I thought they only came in red and grey. The white looks cheap, yet strangely futuristic.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Sack Toucher Kat will become famous soon enough Kat will become famous soon enough Kat's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x Libitina x

Spinners - a craze that went around our primary school. We had a team from Coca Cola come in to teach us some tricks:-

Fisher Price things. Every doctors waiting room had one of these, it was the law:-

Global Hyper Colour tees?

"Don't play with me,
    'cause you're playing with fire."

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

I recall the Pacers advert, Average person on the street eats one and then all of a sudden they have green stripey clothes.

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

That bike looks like it should hover, or atleast have a machine gun mounted to the front for taking out other road warriors.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Rook View Post
    I recall the Pacers advert, Average person on the street eats one and then all of a sudden they have green stripey clothes.
    No no no... that was a Striper. It was a biggish chewy bar with different coloured stripes all down it and the guy was walking down the street doing the over-exaggerated bite and everything around him turned multicoloured striped at that point... then he takes another bite and everyone in that immediate area also goes stripey. It COULD be that Pacers and Striper had the same sort of advert though, so you could be right.
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Gamer IDs

I don't recall Stripers but the Pacers advert only the person eating the chewy sweet had their clothes become stripey.

STRIPES!

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroMark View Post
    Was thinking about this the other day. Anyone remember lucky bags (atleast thats what we called them) was like a big bag with sweets and little cheap toys in them cost like a quid or something.
    They always had a shit, red, fortune-telling fish!

I miss the following;

Slush Puppies in horror flavours. Dracula's Delight for the win.

'Scream!' an awesome horror comic. Started in 1984 died 15 weeks later.

Ford Capri cars. I don't have an interest in cars but these were pretty phenomenal.

Non-CGI horror films.

Transformers when they were still good.

Gamer IDs

Tried looking for a Striper ad, but couldn't see one anywhere. Did find a bunch of sites with people remembering it though, so at least I'm not going crazy. Was also reminded of fruit flavoured Toffo... I loved them SO damn much. Last time I had some though, they were tiny and nothing compared to how they used to be.

Also... Rook and Pete MAY remember this... it was an advert for Refreshers, presumably in 1977, which had Obi Wan and Luke in it... where the Refreshers pack turned into a lightsabre. Tried looking on YouTube, admittedly for around 2 seconds, and couldn't find it. I DO remember it though.
    Linus Torvalds

+ Reply to Thread