+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: xbox dashboard update in november

Default xbox dashboard update in november

from kotaku

The Xbox 360 dashboard, the user interface for Microsoft's gaming console, looks like it may be getting a slight polish in November when the company launches their Xbox Live Gold Family plan.

The Family plan includes four one-year Xbox Live gold memberships for $100, as well as a new Family Center on the dashboard and the addition of more parental controls for the console.

A set of images that hit the Internet last night showing off a slightly reworked dashboard for the Xbox 360 seems to show the same changes seen in images Kotaku posted of the Family Center, due out in November.

The changes seen in the images include slightly smaller text for the menu options and presenting the sub menu as a series of side-by-side images rather than images that drop away from the screen.

We've contacted Microsoft for clarification and will update this story once we hear back.

Update: Microsoft confirms that the November Family Center update will include a "refreshed" Xbox Live dashboard.

"Yes, the next Xbox LIVE update will include Family Center," a Microsoft spokesperson told Kotaku. "As we discussed at E3 it will also include a refreshed Xbox LIVE dashboard, the new Kinect Hub and ESPN. This update will be available over LIVE just prior to Kinect for Xbox 360 being available in store in November. We have no additional details to share at this time."

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rynstex PSN ID: Rynstex Steam ID: Rynstex

Looks rather good I think, now if only they'd have the GFWL client look like that they might be able to compete with competitors. Presume this will be the update that see's better sound quality enabled also.
    [Good Job Boots]

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Looks like they are giving it a polish before Kinect. Looks good.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

procrasturbator pix3lboy is on a distinguished road pix3lboy's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pix3lboy PSN ID: Pix3lboy01 Steam ID: Pix3lboy Raptr ID: pix3lboy

I still think it looks too childish but it's a step in the right direction. I think it's the colour scheme that I don't like. It looks like they've coloured it all in with poster paints

i just want stuff easyier to find, trying to find my arcade games and demos ive downloaded sometimes is a right head fuck

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

So long as the current functionality isn't impaired or features removed (with the exceptions of the social networking guff I don't use), I don't much mind what the dashboard looks like. I don't spend nearly long enough looking at it. Seems a bit daft that Microsoft keep spending money on giving it facelifts when all people should care about with a console is how well it plays your games.

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

I'd like it if they removed the floor the avatars stand on or the tiles slide along as it takes up too much of the screen which could better be used to see the theme in the background. I would also like an option to be able to see the theme without everything blocking parts of it, even if it was just to hide them while you looked at the background image. Sometimes you see a cool looking image on the other screens that isn't the main dashboard screen but you don't get to see it properly because of the menus and tiles in front.
    Surely you can't be serious!

Fallen Angel Sonic Alpha is on a distinguished road Sonic Alpha's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sonic Alpha PSN ID: SonicAlpha Steam ID: sonicalpha

Quote Originally Posted by justbiglee View Post
    i just want stuff easyier to find, trying to find my arcade games and demos ive downloaded sometimes is a right head fuck
    Agreed, my games library takes an age to load -_-

I see the Avatars have been changed slightly, I remember reading about that a while back.

I enjoy dashboard pottering, however, I can never find anything that I've downloaded.
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

There's a dashboard?!
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

+ Reply to Thread