+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 controller gets redesign

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rynstex PSN ID: Rynstex Steam ID: Rynstex

Default Xbox 360 controller gets redesign

Major Nelson has the info:

Quote Originally Posted by Major Nelson
    The engineers have come up with an ingenious solution with a d-pad that can go from a plus to a disc with the twist of the wrist.

In addition to the new d-pad, the matte silver controller also features concave analog sticks and gray A,B,X,Y buttons for added style. The controller will only be available with the new Play & Charge Kit that will launch on November 9th for US $64.99.
    $65 is a touch on the side especially when that means it'll probably hit UK for around £45+, does come with a play and charge kit though. That said, it's the going rate for new controllers now isn't it? Christ it's going to be expensive when the boys are older!

Silver SKU to launch alongside it?
    [Good Job Boots]

Sack Toucher Kat will become famous soon enough Kat will become famous soon enough Kat's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x Libitina x

WHERE ARE THE PRETTY COLOURS?!

I need the colours for quicktime events

"Don't play with me,
    'cause you're playing with fire."

procrasturbator pix3lboy is on a distinguished road pix3lboy's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pix3lboy PSN ID: Pix3lboy01 Steam ID: Pix3lboy Raptr ID: pix3lboy

it just looks like someone forgot to add colour. It's not stylish in the slightest :/

Sack Toucher Kat will become famous soon enough Kat will become famous soon enough Kat's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Colours! >.<

"Don't play with me,

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

Not that big improvement actually. I never had problems with the D-Pad, I can't even imagine why. And the 360 controllers are really awesome and comfortable anyway. Plus, I don't like the all grey-ish look. Makes me depressive.
    But yeah, good to see they're still working on improvements, even if not really necessary.

i'll be honest i've never had a problem using the d-dap to quick change weapons with - thats all it does right?

Last edited by justbiglee; 31-08-2010 at 18:09.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I watched it to the end, then watched it again... these aren't improvements, they're alterations. Not very good ones either. Or necessary. I'm glad it's a choice though, as I don't particularly like it. There's nothing WRONG with it, per se, but it's a bit... non-descript really. I reckon the designer faxed the draft over rather than emailed it, so they got it in monochrome.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by justbiglee View Post
    i'll be honest i've never had a problem using the d-dap to quick change weapons with - thats all it does right?
    The only people I hear moan about the D pad are people who play Street Fighter etc and they tend to buy fightpads/sticks anyway. For me they are the parts I press in desperation when no other button does what I want it to :/

"Don't play with me,

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

They'll probably wait until x amount of people have bought them and then bring on a selection of coloured versions, so people will buy them again.
    Surely you can't be serious!

Fallen Angel Sonic Alpha is on a distinguished road Sonic Alpha's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sonic Alpha PSN ID: SonicAlpha Steam ID: sonicalpha

I quite like what they've done to the d-pad, it's hell to play something as simple as Sonic on the current one.

The rest however, meh.

It's almost like they tried to copy the Reach controller. Not sure why we'd need/want a silver controller, it would clash with the existing 360 designs (black & white).

+ Reply to Thread