+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Top 3/5/10 Games?

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Fucking hell, it was hard enough to come up with the top three for twitter never mind ten... ok here goes, but they're not really in any particular hors d'ouevres...

UFO: Enemy Unknown
    Oblivion
    Fallout 3
    Command and Conquer
    Pinball Dreams
    Sim City
    Big Lee's Big Adventure
    Two Worlds
    Return Of The Jedi (arcade game)
    Magic Pockets
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Magic Pockets, what a feckin superb game that was.. Those Bitmap Bros could do no wrong on the amiga, Gods, Z, Speedball everyone playable to death!

Great Leaping Salamanders of Flame!

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Oh you're SO right there! I was considering adding Xenon 2: Megablast too but I'd run out of room and didn't think it fair to take one of the other games out. In reflection, I would also have added Rick Dangerous, Flashback, Another World... what does it say about modern gaming though that pretty much ALL of my top 20 games would be retro?? Is it down to nostalgia or just that I understand what makes a GREAT game?
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Rick Dangerous, what an annoying game that frikkin was.. spend ages trying to get past some blowdarting twat and then get a boulder on your head... back 17 screens and try again please... garrgghhh!!

Gamer IDs

I'm going to add it to the site... wonder if I can get Magic Pockets and Ghosts N Goblins too

Off for food... bye all
    Linus Torvalds

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

Off the top of my head...

Resident Evil 4 - Epoch-making at the time. It set the bar for the genre and was never topped. Dead Space is fucking abysmal compared to it.

Rebelstar 2 (Speccy) - Aliens-flavoured turn based strategy gem. Deploy, move, shoot, hide in cover. That's it. Save the micromanaging for PC gamers.

King's Bounty (Windows Mobile) - Awesome port of the old Amiga/PC/Megadrive TBS that keeps the gameplay just as it was but improves the interface immeasurably. Put this on a DS and I'll cum oil.

Dead Rising (Xbox 360) - Wahhh the saving... wahhhh the AI. Shush, it's amazing. Of all the games on the 360, this still feels like the one that could never appear on a last gen machine convincingly. So much to see and do. The way games should be. Otis can get to fucking fuck though. That fuck.

Syndicate (Amiga) - This is what I want. Small sandbox areas with freedom to decide how to take the objective. Bully was similar in that respect. Cyberpunk madness that has never been bettered.

Parappa The Rapper (PS1) - A 2D dog rapping so he can get on a toilet? Sign me up. Great tunes, lovely visuals and full of fruity Jap humour. Love it. That's an order.

Bomb Jack (Arcade) - Old-school arcade masterpiece. Perfect for a quick go now and then. The best fun you could have for ten pence anyway.

Katamari Damacy (PS1) - Brilliant, original, hilarious and charming. Everything that the series isn't now. How Namco went from this to what they are now eludes me but I'm sure it involves everyone there being a cunt.

Freedom Fighters (PC) - The bloody Russians are invading ARGHHH! Arcadey squad shooter from IO (the chaps who made Hitman) that is a joy to play from start to finish.

Rez (XBLA) - In just ahead of the Dreamcast version thanks to better graphics and more modes. A trippy shooter that is relaxing and exciting at the same time. Some breathtaking bosses and great visuals steal the show but the final level is unlike anything you'll have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkuzR View Post
    I'm going to add it to the site... wonder if I can get Magic Pockets and Ghosts N Goblins too

Off for food... bye all
    If you get Magic Pockets on the arcade, that would be superb.

+ Reply to Thread