+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kinect Pricing

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rynstex PSN ID: Rynstex Steam ID: Rynstex

Default Kinect Pricing

Standalone: £129.99 / €149.99
    4GB Console Bundle: £249.99 / €299.99

With Microsoft's announcement yesterday regrading the price, can honestly say I'm a little bit disappointed.

I know milions shelled out a fair amount of money for Wii Fit + Balance board, but that was with a far more welcoming brand in Nintendo.

Not sure really what to make of it all, part of me thinks that there'll be loads that will buy it anyway, while on the other hand I think they run the risk of easily out pricing themselves with it being dead on arrival.

It's probably around £50 more than what I would have liked to have paid (at a push) in my own opinion.
    [Good Job Boots]

Sack Toucher Kat will become famous soon enough Kat will become famous soon enough Kat's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x Libitina x

Too much. Too much moola. I'm seriously going to be eyeing up a PS3 and Move (sorry 360 fanboys/Lee)

"Don't play with me,
    'cause you're playing with fire."

procrasturbator pix3lboy is on a distinguished road pix3lboy's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pix3lboy PSN ID: Pix3lboy01 Steam ID: Pix3lboy Raptr ID: pix3lboy

Fuck that, Move looks more fun anyway. Right from the start I thought Natal/Kinect was a pile of arse and expected it to be overpriced.

Road Warrior Markatansky is on a distinguished road Markatansky's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Markatansky PSN ID: Markatansky Steam ID: Markatansky

Shite name, shite price tag, shite games (but not you Dance Central, my possibly-homosexual friend).

If I invest in anything, it'll be more likely to be the Move now.
    Image removed due to size

I'll wait for the inevitable sub £80 price cut at Easter.

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Yup too much for me. Wont be happening. What Mark said above, shite price, shite games. I dont see the point.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Fallen Angel Sonic Alpha is on a distinguished road Sonic Alpha's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sonic Alpha PSN ID: SonicAlpha Steam ID: sonicalpha

MS have repeatedly said that they're not aiming at the 'core with Kinect. That said, it's still way too pricey to attract the *hisses & points* CASUAL market.

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

You'd have to be pretty fucking casual to put down a hundred and thirty quid for a peripheral if you're not really a gamer, heh. You can buy a decent second hand car for that around here. Microsoft have finally lost the plot and gone back to being that crazy motherfucker with the twirly moustache, top hat and the cape, plotting evil deeds against the people it supposedly finds most attractive, mostly involving metaphorical steam engines that represent their market share.

I'm torn. It's going to fall on its arse. But will they take the Sony PS3 approach and deny that at all times, and claim massive success, or will they just bow to the inevitable and either drop the price by about two thirds or just pretend it never happened? I honestly can't decide.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Magnum P.I. - The Evil Years

Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

It is too much but more likely to sell more at Christmas when the new Xbox/Kinect bundle as people pay stupid money for consoles at Christmas time, especially if someone says 'there's a shortage'.

I've think I played the 360 motion controlled game with no controller other than the camera possibly twice. Maybe when it gets more advanced games and a nicer price tag, but not just yet.
    Surely you can't be serious!

+ Reply to Thread