+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LOTRO - My views

Banned Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Knikitta PSN ID: Knikitta Steam ID: Knikitta Raptr ID: Knikitta

Default LOTRO - My views

I decided to try Lord of the Rings Online again, as they are currently doing a free 14-day trial. I guess this is too encourage people in before they go F2P.

Currently the US are having a beta period of F2P, and apparently EU are NOT getting this privilege. Although I can not find anything definite on when F2P will come into effect.

As before, I thoroughly enjoyed the creation of my character, making sure her hair and make-up were as I wanted them! I was even able to have my usual name, which surprised me... I chose an RP realm (yes, I am an RPer, flame me ) and as I entered the world I remembered how boring it was playing this game alone.

I am now level 10, unable to access my mail because its a trial account, and just wandering around not really knowing what to do, and finding it quite unsettling at the distinct lack of people in the game.

Does anyone else play LOTRO, or has, or is going too? Your views please!

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

I did play waaaay back before they started putting expansions out, and i found that after level 10 or 11 it was like ok heres the big world, GO FIND YOUR WAY. Your left standing outside the first city twiddling your thumbs. I mean you get missions, but there are so many you dont know which way to go. I think at the time they lacked a waypoint system or any kind of minimap marking. So it was a case of, go to this wood and kill this and you would spend ages looking at your map, which was in the really unhelpful LOTR style lol.

I didnt enjoy it so i never went back. I imagine if its gone free 2 play thats because there is a real lack of players and they are trying to draw more in.
    Last edited by ZeroMark; 18-07-2010 at 10:30.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Banned Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta's Avatar

Gamer IDs

It's not free yet... but yes, that is where I am at now. A bajillion missions, but no idea where to go or how to get to most of them, so I am aimlessly wandering around doing nothing at all really.

Its a shame really, as I find it graphically pleasing too the eye, and I have just discovered how to play Music!

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

That was the feature i really enjoyed, although at the time i played with 4 guys who were studying music at uni so most of the time i played it involved me sitting around listening to them mess with that

Personally i started playing Warhammer Online again, getting back into that, graphics and gameplay both pretty good.
    - Yer maw

Gamer IDs

I am still playing Wow... never really got into Warhammer, surprisingly, do they have a free trial?

Gamer IDs

Yeah, its one of those unlimited ones, well unlimited time, you can only play up to level 10, in a game that is level capped at 40 so its a fair chunk of the game.
    - Yer maw

Gamer IDs

Playing it now... Pants that I can only play till 10, but never mind. Will take something epic to drag me away from Wow to be honest.

Gamer IDs

Yeah if your into PVP, its a very good game, RP probably not so much. If you need any help let me know, im on Karak Norn - Drakenfield.
    - Yer maw

Gamer IDs

Hmm... I went on erm... Karak-Azgal. But if I can only go to level 10, I doubt i will play after that to be honest.

Edit - I ran off to check!
    Last edited by Knikitta; 18-07-2010 at 15:25.

+ Reply to Thread