+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book discussion

The Virgin Destroyer Van-Fu San will become famous soon enough Van-Fu San's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vice Destroyer PSN ID: ViceDestroyer Steam ID: ViceDestroyer Raptr ID: Verflucht

I think that you are thinking of the Superman/Batman story Absolute Power.

Identity Crisis is the one where Sue Dibny gets murdered. It's a superhero whodunnit. Very good.

Junior Member fiducia is on a distinguished road fiducia's Avatar

YES! Identity Crisis is amazing. Out of all of DC Comics "Crisis" storylines this one is easiest to follow, has the most emotional impact and deals with deep topics w/o being heavy handed. It sets up future story lines too, like why The Atom went missing before 52 started.

i think ivee got it in the pile of ones i got cheap but not read yet. ive got so much stuff to read piling up.

oh and i like your avatar@fiducia i have that poster up in my kitchen

The Virgin Destroyer Van-Fu San will become famous soon enough Van-Fu San's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vice Destroyer PSN ID: ViceDestroyer Steam ID: ViceDestroyer Raptr ID: Verflucht

I just saw some awesome pictures, with superheroes photo-chopped into them.

Captain America is pictured with Heinrich Himmler as he inspects a prisoner-of-war camp in Russia in 1940-41

Superman with soldiers from the 7th US Army carrying priceless artworks down the steps of Meunschwanstein Castle where art treasures, stolen by the Nazis, were hidden during World War II

Spider-Man with US soldiers in Cherbourg, Normandy, France in 1944

Darth Vader with Prime Minister Winston Churchill, US President Franklin D Roosevelt, and Russian Premier Josef Stalin at the Yalta Conference in February 1945

Gamer IDs

The Joker standing on a external post defence on a hotel roof in Moscow in 1941
    The Flash is pictured with a surrendering German soldier at the end of the second world war
    The Incredible Hulk with Afghan resistance fighters returning to a village destroyed by Soviet forces in 1986
    V from V for Vendetta with soldiers of the Wehrmacht surrendering in Normandy on June 9, 1944
    I love these pics.
    Last edited by Van-Fu San; 25-02-2010 at 00:18.

Default Re: Comic Book discussion

Anybody read anything new / good lately? Tis pay day soon

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

never been a big comic book guy but did pick up nearly all the Aliens/Predator ones from the early 90s. I'm an easy mark for Aliens shit.

I am trying to collect everything with this guy in it tho. Have got a bunch of stuff and am known to pay over the odds for it.

Aside from that, the best ever comics were 'Milk & Cheese' and 'Scream!' - I've got complete sets of both.

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

Advices required:

have they ever made any dark (in a Batman sense, not evil) Superman comics? I'd be up for reading some Superman but I don't want anything too Golden Era.

top of my head there is nothing i can think off, there was the death of superman storyline but it wasnt really "dark" Victor may be the one to advise you better
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Death-Return-Superman-Omnibus/dp/1401215505/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273830150&sr=8-4

edit: jesus that books now £83!!!!! partwelsh got me that a few years ago

another edit: there is also Red Son but ive not read that one so i dunno if it fits the "dark" bill
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman-Red...ref=pd_sim_b_6
    Last edited by justbiglee; 14-05-2010 at 11:04.

+ Reply to Thread