+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book discussion

Hybrid View

The Virgin Destroyer Van-Fu San will become famous soon enough Van-Fu San's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vice Destroyer PSN ID: ViceDestroyer Steam ID: ViceDestroyer Raptr ID: Verflucht

Default Comic Book discussion

Anybody else here a fan of comics? Anybody else looking forward to The Siege? The aftermath of the Dark storyline?
    And Deadpools wacky take on The Siege.

your gonna have to fill me in i know nothing of this, but just from that image i know i'll like it. where do i need to start and what should i buy?

i've gone a bit indie (is indie the right word? - not marvel or DC anyway) with my comics latley and I can throughly recommend "the boys"
    start here > http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...+v-+1/5818658/ £5.99 is a bargin and it runs up to volume 5 which just came out.
    its about a group of people who dont have any special powers or anything they are just double hard bastards, it mocks the mavel and DC universe's a lot with an adult take and they keep the super heroes in check, theres a line on the inside over the cover for volume 1 it say it all "who watches the watchmen..? The boys watch the watchmen"

well worth a read

hello vic? dont leave me here on my own

The Virgin Destroyer Van-Fu San will become famous soon enough Van-Fu San's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vice Destroyer PSN ID: ViceDestroyer Steam ID: ViceDestroyer Raptr ID: Verflucht

Sorry dude, went to work, but I was rushed off my feet. Here, let me help you out with a little timeline. The siege has been a few years in coming.

See what it says on the image above? Seven years in the making? Well, they reckon it is going ot bring to an end any and all major (not minor) loose ends since the Avengers Disassembled storyline. Siege will be a four-issue mini series with assorted tie-ins.

Here is a checklist for you.
    * Avengers: The Initiative #31-35
    * Dark Avengers #13-16
    * Dark Wolverine #82-84
    * Mighty Avengers #35-36
    * New Avengers #61-64
    * New Mutants #11
    * Thor #607-609
    * Thunderbolts #141-143

Mini-series and One-shots

* Fallen (title not final)
    * Origins of Siege #1
    * Siege #1-4
    * Siege: Embedded #1-4
    * Siege: The Cabal #1
    * Siege: Captain America (title not final)
    * Siege: Loki (title not final)
    * Siege: Secret Warriors (title not final)
    * Siege: Spider-Man (title not final)
    * Siege: Young Avengers (title not final)
    * Siege: Storming Asgard - Heroes and Villains #1

Oh, and I have also heard rumours that Osborn wants to invade a certain place. I won't spoil it for you. But just the thought of Osborn invading this special place, is making me very, very moist.

i think ill have a hard toime finding them, dont suppose you know a good online comic shop do you? or if they have they been put into a graphic novel?

you read the ultimates? the first two are very good as are some of the spin offs

just found this seige prelude
    it says this it collects Dark Avengers #1, Dark Reign: The Cabal, Thor #600, Dark Reign: The List - Avengers, New Avengers Annual #3, Dark Reign: The Goblin Legacy, and Marvel Spotlight #30, 264 pages, that should get me up to speed shouldnt it?

Gamer IDs

That's a good find. I think that you will get the gist of the good (Planet Hulk, Secret Invasion), the bad (House of M, Disassembled) and the ugly (Planet Hulk).

In regards to online comic shops, unfortunately Amazon is the best thing for it. And that means that you will find it much easier to find TPB's, rather than single issues. If you get a chance, I'd recommend Fell, by Warren Ellis. Absolutely awesome and gruesome.

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

I got this series for Christmas.

Wow, I could actually contribute to a comic thread.

Gamer IDs

How awesome is that. Have you had a chance to read it? Do you like it? Can you be convinced to read more? As a matter of fact, I seem to remember that you are a Buffy fan. Did you hear that Joss Whedon penned a season 8 in comic form after Buffy got cancelled? There seem to be 8 volumes as well.

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

I've read the first 3. Reading is never something I think of doing, so I always forget about them. Think I will finish them over the weekend. I had heard about the Buffy season 8 thing but never did anything to get the comics as I had stopped buying comics years ago. I have a collection of Spiderman comics including the Todd MacFarlane ones with about 3 different versions of his first comic with embossed covers.

+ Reply to Thread