+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Music For the Masses

Bearer of The Hat of Boo! Fluff will become famous soon enough Fluff's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fluffy Fury Steam ID: fluffyfluffyfury Raptr ID: FluffyFury

On a Mike Shinoda note then [seriously love that guy] Mike Shinoda reimagines Depeche Mode. I jizzed rainbows when I first heard this. My little teenage ears just couldn't comprehend the wonder.
    Mr Kipling is a lie.

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS (and Jo)

NEW LINKIN PARK

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

I'm never sure about Linkin Park. I like the rapper guy (he has a pretty decent flow) and their guitar sound is always pretty good. They've had the occasional half decent song too (Bleed It Out was decent, I think it was called that anyway). But they do seem to be a boy band with a distortion pedal and I'd never tire of punching that singer's face. Just so punchy.

I'll have a listen to this new song though as I'm guessing their sound will mature as they get older.

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Minutes to Midnight was literally a 50/50 album; of the 12 actual tracks (I think I'm discounting the intro track and replacing it with the Shinoda-sung "No Roads Left" which was a hidden track or something), I loved 6 and hated 6, because they'd lost a lot of what made them unique.
    A Thousand Suns was a really mature album for them, but I don't know if it'd be your thing or not. I know most of my friends hated it because they didn't realise it was meant to be listened to as an "album", rather than a collection of songs, so they'd stick it on shuffle then get confused, pissed off then refuse to listen to it again. I loved A Thousand Suns though, I think it's been my favourite album since it was released, actually.

If you like the rapper guy, check out Fort Minor, which was the side project he did. There were two parts: The We Major Mixtape (which I dunno how easy it is to get hold of) and The Rising Tied, which was the proper album which was bloody amazing.

I just remember when I saw them live for the first time and Mike started doing his bit from one of the mixtape songs (I believe Bloc Party) to the tune of Points of Authority and it still sticks in my head clear as when I saw it live. *sigh* I do love Linkin Park.

Edit: One thing I DON'T love about Linkin Park is that they don't half shunt us UK fans sometimes. I swear every time they release a new single they decide to make us wait an extra week or so for what seems to be no discernable reason. Case in point: I've been waiting until 9pm to be able to pre-order their new album and get a copy of the single seeing as I've been listening to it over and over on youtube... only to find out that the 9pm opening was for everywhere but the UK (and also Australia), and we have to wait another week. It's like they want me to acquire it in a way that means I don't pay them anything. *fist shake*
    Last edited by Jokesound; 16-04-2012 at 21:22.

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

I agree with Richie here, but that's only since they released Minutes To Midnight. Everything seemed just so... I don't know, like they wanted to get over with it already. Bennington just acts like a major prick.

"The Rapper Guy" aka Mike Shinoda is amazing though, his flow is really good. And he's actually singing better than Bennigton, the main voice of the band. The Rising Tied is awesome, I can hear it over and over again without getting tired of it, also Black Thought from The Roots worked with him on that album, among other great rappers and DJs.

Talking about The Roots, I'm listening to a lot of their stuff lately. I love it when HipHop bands have actual drummers and other instruments and Questlove, their drummer, is just insanely awesome. As I said in the other thread, this band just seems to get better with every album they release.

Also got the compilation album "Wake Up!" with John Legend and hell, I don't know what to say. Just listen to this:

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

For anyone who doesn't watch How I Met Your Mother, here is a frankly excellent song about Suits.

Gamer IDs

This song has been in my head since I woke up this morning.

The one with the words mcdoodle42 is on a distinguished road mcdoodle42's Avatar
    The deep dark recesses of my mind. Also, Nottingham.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mcdoodle42 PSN ID: mcdoodle42 Steam ID: mcdoodle42

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post

For anyone who doesn't watch How I Met Your Mother, here is a frankly excellent song about Suits.
    I love How I Met Your Mother XD
    This post is sponsored by the phrase "Totes Emosh"

Bearer of The Hat of Boo! Fluff will become famous soon enough Fluff's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fluffy Fury Steam ID: fluffyfluffyfury Raptr ID: FluffyFury

Quote Originally Posted by Jokesound View Post
    This song has been in my head since I woke up this morning.
    Fleetwood Mac. Just another reason why you're brilliant
    Mr Kipling is a lie.

Gamer IDs

Don't love me, love Rock Band 2.

+ Reply to Thread