+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 120 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast

Thread: Achievements: the good, bad, and downright ugly

Vittoria Agli Assassini PhantoM is on a distinguished road PhantoM's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PhantoM XI PSN ID: PhantoM- Steam ID: Asphyx1ateD

I'm currently working towards maxing out Gears 3 (unsure whether Seriously 3.0 is actually attainable without killing myself yet though), slowly but surely. Picked up the MGS HD Collection last week, too, and I'm a good way towards the Platinum for MGS2. Of the 500 extra missions, I've maxed the first 6 characters to 100% completion... now all I have left is the hardest (MGS1-Snake) and some of the levels are literally so hard I regret ever starting this quest again. On the upside, I'm now further than I was as a kid on this quest, so at least I've improved over my 14 year old past self.

Steam: Asphyx1ateD | PSN: PhantoM- | XBL: PhantoM XI

Waiting for: Watch Dogs, The Division
    Currently playing: Day Z Standalone / PS4: FIFA 14 & Battlefield 4
    Latest Platinum & 1000G: Metal Gear Solid 4 / FIFA 13

Visit my YouTube!

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    I got like two levels away from doing it on Steam... then lost my file. Never. Again.
    oh that is bleaker than fuck.

One Among The Fence DomPeppiatt will become famous soon enough DomPeppiatt's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dom Peppiatt PSN ID: DomPeppiatt Steam ID: DomPeppiatt

Quote Originally Posted by PhantoM View Post
    (unsure whether Seriously 3.0 is actually attainable without killing myself yet though)
    I'm actually certain it isn't.

I never got any of the "Seriously" achievements. Because I always ended up playing months after release when it was only the silly-strong Hardcore players left. My only purpose in those online games pebble-dashing the cover with my shotgun-bullet bruised blood.

Gamer IDs

I got Gears 1 well into Gears 2 (bought a 360 a few years late), so I couldn't really get many of the online achievements. I ended up with about 630/1250, which I was happy with.

I focused on Gears 2 instead, which after much perseverance in the last few months, I managed to claim the full 1750G without boosting anything haha. Level 100 took at least 9 days online play time.

I feel like I kind of have to go for Seriously 3.0 now. I have 6 Onyx medals so far, haven't really tried to boost anything. All I really play is ranked KotH and ranked Execution (mainly the latter) and I've prestiged once, level 67 atm. If I keep playing a couple of hours everyday like I have been then most of them should come naturally, given I usually get pretty good scores.

Visit my YouTube!

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Still got Gears 3 in the wrapper from Xmas downstairs. Waiting for the new TV (next couple of weeks / a month) before I start playing. Never played it online before... any of them. May have to change.

Gamer IDs

It's my favourite online game this gen., but it's hard to get used to. Luckily for you if you haven't got any previous Gears achievements you'll have access to the Casual playlist (but I imagine it's mostly just Bots now at this point) where you can used to the game. What I will say is the game rewards time investment. It took me a lot of hours to become remotely competent at the game. I'd like to say I'm pretty decent now, but there are many who are far better than me still. Great game if you put time into it, though.

Visit my YouTube!

Only two achievements away from 100%'ing Halo Reach again.

Don't Touch That! - Defiant: Prevented the attacking team from touching the flag in a matchmade 1-Flag CTF game.
    All Alone - Defiant: Was the last surviving uninfected player in a matchmade Infection game.
    The only reason why I don't already have them is because the Defiant Map Pack was pretty much unplayable in MatchMaking, but now that's changed. Time to get what is mine...again!
    Tumblr Twitter FaceBook
    3DS Friend code: 3480-2969-5247

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

Won an achievement in NFS The Run last night that I was glad to get. Ten sets of challenge races each with their own achievement for gettng either gold or platinum medals in. I was on the last set which had 6 races. Could only manage to get bronze in one race and eventually got silver but still needed to shave 6 seconds off.

Read that one of the other cars was good for it but I had to play online and complete some obectives to unlock it. The car did make a different as my first go got me close to gold but it took many goes and finally I did it. It was the second last track and definetly the hardest. The last race states people think it's the hardest race in the game but I got gold on that in 2 attempts.

The main game max beckons.
    Surely you can't be serious!

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

Maxed NFS The Run DLC and have one main game cheev to get.
    Surely you can't be serious!

Some, they call me...Stu etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Etherfiend PSN ID: Etherfiend

Nearing the end of FFXIII-2 achievements. Was irritated that they split the achievement values up into 14 and 16's on a lot of stuff...grr! I'll likely max this by the weekend, but it's a typical long haul job of around 70-100 hours to max - at least its much easier to max than FFXIII which is nice.

Scratch the above...now maxed
    Last edited by etherfiend; 16-02-2012 at 11:07. Reason: Finished the mofo.

+ Reply to Thread