+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 124 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Achievements: the good, bad, and downright ugly

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

Joke, yeah I did it that way also. Saving at the Wolverine fight I think. Still had three boss battles after the branching point I think!

Spidey Friend or Foe is a bastard. It's suuuuuper easy but to max it you need to repeat the last level for about 5 hours or something.

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

Quote Originally Posted by Blucey View Post
    Rook, did you ever manage that Fable 2 dyes achv?
    Yeah, I've had Fable 2 maxed for a while now. I saved my game in the Colliseum when I had a score aroudn 1600/1700 and if I went over the 1985 target I just reloaded my save and continued on from the 1600/1700 point. Used the slowdown spell as well, so I could pick off the enemies I needed when I got close to the target score.

Took me a while to max out the Pub Games thou.

I wonder if Fable 3 will have a dress yourself up in a chicken outfit for real and pose for Natal achievement.

I've 3 cheevs left for Just Cause 2 to get as well. And quite a few for Lego Rock Band. Theyre my games until Red Dead Redmption.
    Surely you can't be serious!

I've got all the achievements for Splinter Cell: Conviction, so now I'm on to Shadow Complex before Red Dead, which is probably going to be a big one. Clearly.

I can't imagine I'll be getting anywhere near 1000/1000 for SSFIV. I haven't even checked the list yet.

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

To be fair, Web of Shadows was a very underrated game.
    If it wasn't for my reluctance to replay games at the moment, and how bastard hard veteran is, I'd try and max COD4. I'm waiting for my friend Tom to be free to finish all of Spec Ops to max that out.

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

fuck off Tenchu Z. finally maxed it. such a chore!

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Playing through Lego Rock Band, this is the first of the music rythym games that I've scored over 750 points (I really need to learn to play that fifth note) but there are two achievements that I will not be able to get as it requires a band of four players, and it doesn't do online. Still got a few more cheevs to get from it and will be around 870 gamerscore from it when I finish.

Argh, sonofaBITCH...

Oh. My. Fucking. Fuckfuck. I've just finished Alan Wake and discovered that despite my dilligence I have managed to miss not just a handful, but 37 fucking coffee thermos collectables!!! 37. I mean...where? How? Words fail me. To the wine.

EDIT: Oh...and also missed ONE measly TV show and ONE fucking radio broadcast....

You said it John.
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

Gamer IDs

Were you too busy running away scared to look erverywhere?

Did you enjoy the game?

Very enjoyable. Ending - am tempted to frown a little but given the inevitablility of sequels...fair enough. Awesome soundtrack, great story, fantastic halfway point set piece....and yes...lots of running away or thinking "Fuck you if you think I'm wandering around and exploring when that nice safe light is beckoning." Still, with much of the route linear and me exploring almost every building that I came across, how this happened I have no idea. Given the faffiness of the thermoses and manuscripts, I knew I wouldn't be getting those ones. I did, however, expect to get the radio and TV achievements. No idea until close to the end that there were 'can pyramids' to shoot, so missed that one too and same goes for the signs...but like I'm going to stop and read all the damn signs when I'm running away from a chainsaw weilding Taken, goddamit.

That's the short review...long one coming soon
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

Gamer IDs

There's supposed to be some DLC that re-visits parts of the story different perspective and building it up to lead into the sequel. How long it will take for the sequel to come about though is anyone's guess. Surely they can't have such major delays with the next one.

+ Reply to Thread