+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wrestlemania

The Virgin Destroyer Van-Fu San will become famous soon enough Van-Fu San's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vice Destroyer PSN ID: ViceDestroyer Steam ID: ViceDestroyer Raptr ID: Verflucht

Default Wrestlemania

Are there any wrestling fans that will be watching tonights PPV extravaganza, Wrestlemania XXVI?

I will be there watching. Join me on Skype or on Twitter. There are going to be some hardcore wrestling matches on show.

The Huggy One Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bearhugger70 PSN ID: None Steam ID: bear_1970_

hmmmmm..... I'm kinda tempted just for the nostalgia trip after watching the first few Wrestlemanias and Summerslams they showed over here......

But.... nah, probably not lol

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

I haven't watched any wrestling since the end of 2006. I think the first half of December to Dismember was the last event I watched.

Cereal Monogamist Adam will become famous soon enough Adam will become famous soon enough Adam's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PartWelsh Steam ID: PartWelsh

I think the last Wrestlemania I watched was the Rock vs Stone Cold for the title and McMahon came down to the ring, knocked out the Rock with a chair and draped Austin over for the win....I think. I remember at the time that was very much a WTF moment, but I haven't really watched it since. Was pretty big on it around that time for a couple of years but I finally became dissilluisioned with it I suppose.

If I still had Sky Sports, being a late night guy, I'd probably still watch it these days. Say what you want about Wrestiling, it was still Prime Entertainment. Like Hollyoaks, but with 'men' haha
    PartWelsh -Contemplating Saving the World

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

I saw Hulk Hogan once, at the start of the 90s. And quickly realised that it was all just an act, there is no real sport there at all. That's why I still occasionally watch a boxing match, but haven't seen a wrestling one in 18 years.

The Virgin Destroyer Van-Fu San will become famous soon enough Van-Fu San's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vice Destroyer PSN ID: ViceDestroyer Steam ID: ViceDestroyer Raptr ID: Verflucht

To be fair, the WWE dropped the pretense of it being an actual competitive sport a long time ago. They now call themselves number 1 in Sports Entertainment, which roughly translates to being Hollyoaks for men. I sat through all the matches bar the last one and I have to say, WWE sucks now. I don't know if it is because they don't have the big personalities that they used to have or its because I am now the same age or even older than some of these wrestlers, that all the stuff they spout out is more than a little ridiculous.

Also, all the people that I used to enjoy when I was younger, are now really old and decrepit. I saw Brett Hart (52) beat up Vince McMahon (64). An old man beating a pensioner. It was like 'The Wrestler' was actually real. They had a segment with the 2010 Wrestling Hall of fame inductees, and you will not have seen a sorrier bunch of people. £15 well spent.

NOT!

The Huggy One Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bearhugger70 PSN ID: None Steam ID: bear_1970_

It was Vince McMahon's insistence on getting in the ring that pretty much killed it for me 10 years ago lol

+ Reply to Thread