+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015 Thread of Being More Exercise

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

Default The 2015 Thread of Being More Exercise

We have one every year it seems, so I'm keeping tradition alive.

I gained super loads of weight last year, so this year is getting rid of that and hopefully then some. I lost two stone between september and december, so if I can keep that progress up I'll be a decent weight come 2016!

Senior Member ZeroMark is a name known to all ZeroMark is a name known to all ZeroMark is a name known to all ZeroMark is a name known to all ZeroMark is a name known to all ZeroMark is a name known to all ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

I'm the same, this year I fix the slowly increasing weight. Cutting back the food and the late night snacking with at least 100x more movement of the limbs.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

I had a sparring session yesterday after 50 mins or so of really hard training and it was against a guy who hadn't done any training. Bleak!

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jokesound View Post
    We have one every year it seems, so I'm keeping tradition alive.

I gained super loads of weight last year, so this year is getting rid of that and hopefully then some. I lost two stone between september and december, so if I can keep that progress up I'll be a decent weight come 2016!
    So you done anything about this yet?

I had a lax Xmas-Easter period and so decided to unfuck myself. In 2012 I was 15st 5. Got down to an AIDSy 13st 2 in much less than a year and was good for 18 months. Since late last year have been stealth creeping up until I hit 14st 9 after Easter. So I've sorted that out. 14st 1 now and I know I'm back on it. The reason I slipped a little is that I'm flying blind a bit and I didn't feel like 13st 2 felt right and so I relaxed a bit too much. SO....

I went to see a nutritionist a few days ago to find out what weight I should be. Didn't work out like that but she told me what my body fat needs to be and other measurements like waist and all that. She puts me on a new meal plan Monday but it's not based around weight loss or muscle gain but rather just wanting to feel a bit more mobile in Muay Thai and to have more energy.

I can clearly do it all myself but this gives me MATHS and STATS to aim for.

ALSO doing the following.

1. Muay Thai still.
    2. I'm back at hot yoga. I fucked it off for while as I've got a sketchy knee but fuck it the NHS will fix it when it finally breaks off.
    3. Parking ten minutes from work so I get more steps in. I've got one of those Fitbit wrist things so I'm aiming for 10k steps every day. Failing, like.
    4. I'm starting the 100 push-ups challenge thing.
    5. Hoping to sign up for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu soon.

If you are planning on losing weight you need a system and you need to stay accountable. Women in work keep dieting but they have no system so it becomes the same shit 'I'll just cut out the shit and I'll know it's working because my clothes will get looser' and then they are eating fucking crisps every day. You need a proper system. You need to weigh in at REGULAR intervals. You need to keep yourself honest.

You can't half-ass it because you'll fail. None of us have the sort of willpower to just get healthy in a relaxed way.

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

I lapsed for most of January (I gained back all the weight I'd lost over December and then some), had about two weeks in February and two weeks in March where I was doing it every day, then had to stop because I'd injured myself or been ill, then lapsed for another two weeks.

Since the last week of March/beginning of April I've been down the shed on the exercise bike we have for 6 days a week, for anything from 45 minutes to an hour 45 depending on whether Dad and I are trying to get through Lie to Me while we exercise or if I'm by myself. While I'm down there I've been putting stand up/shows to catch up with on the TV or bringing the 3DS along, then watching those while I exercise, because then I'm less aware of how long I've been exercising for and for some reason I burn about 30-40 calories more a sitting if I've got something else to concentrate on. We also have a weight bench (which I tend to only use two or three times a week because my arms hurt like fuck the next day) and we just got a punching bag set up as well.

If I know I'm going to see a film or that I'm going out to eat that day, then I'll try and exercise as long as I can (so 90-120 minutes).

Food wise, I've been cutting carbs unless I've made risotto for dinner because it's delicious, and even then it's probably the only carby thing I'll eat all day and it's offset by being low in calories. Completely cut out shit like crisps, bread, sweets, and chocolate, but I'll treat myself to a bag of cashews once a week if I'm going to see a film that day. Unless I've just had a meal or eaten outside, in which case I'll leave it. If I'm that desperate for a snack in the day I'll have a banana.

I've also been weighing in every monday morning, so I can figure out how much weight I've lost on a week by week basis, and then use that to figure out why I may not have lost as much weight as the previous week. So, last week I lost 5.5 pounds compared to 4 the previous week, where I'd only had one meal a day for three days. I don't know how much I'm on track to lose this week, but I've lost around a stone to a stone and a half since the end of March.
    Last edited by Jokesound; 25-04-2015 at 00:25.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I'm a fat cunt.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    I believe Nietzsche put it best when he said 'YER MAW'

Gamer IDs

Probably nay as fat as me, boyo.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Quote Originally Posted by Blucey View Post
    You can't half-ass it because you'll fail. None of us have the sort of willpower to just get healthy in a relaxed way.
    I lost 4.5 stone in a relaxed as fuck way. I also ended up healthy as fuck. I believe that your health is a state of mind, and if you genuinely want to lose weight and remain healthy then you will. If your mind is ready for it, then it's easy as fuck. If your mind isn't, then it's tough and you'll end up lying to yourself. I can lose weight easy as fuck, and it's rarely ever a struggle or any real effort... but only when I can actually be arsed. If, like now, I'm stressed to fuck then the last thing I want to do is put effort into anything other than actual work. It means that losing weight is nigh on impossible for me.

Right now I'm 18st. I've not been that weight in over ten years. I was 18st 11lb in January of 2003 and nearly shat myself when I saw what I looked like in photos. By the time summer came around I was 14st 3lb and it was a piece of piss. Right now, however, I'd be lucky to lose half a stone.

My plan is to get down to 15st by the time the BBQ rolls around, so I'M not rolling around. I can do it, but I just need to get my head there first and then it'll be a breeze. Most of the reason I've put weight on recently is because I'm no longer going up and down to the post office every day. Sales are so bad that I'm going twice a week, and because I'm leaving it until late in the day (because of workload), I end up getting a taxi up and walk back. Even then, if I've left it until nearer 5pm I'll also get a cab back otherwise I won't get any time with the kids before bed.

So yeah, it's the fault of my customers. And my mindset.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    I believe Nietzsche put it best when he said 'YER MAW'

Gamer IDs

I know what you mean; if I take a day off then the day after I have to force myself to exercise or the routine drops entirely.
    I'd have done it today to calm down but I was in enough pain just climbing the stairs* so thought it was best to give it a rest today. Dreading how I'm gonna be tomorrow now the routine's had even the slightest of pauses.

Spoiler ->*= the main difficulty with exercising at the moment is the fact I'm in agony for hours after because of my knees. Went to the doctor about it and he basically said that it was a lose-lose in the short term; they hurt so much because I'm a fat fuck, but the only way to fix that is by exercising, which hurts them more and opens myself up to injury. It's been since then that I've taken the exercise 6 days out of 7 thing seriously.

Gamer IDs

This 100 push ups thing is good. Numbers are going up, folks are motivated.

Ed if your knees are fucked then I suggest swimming except that the only people who say "SWIMMING IS THE BEST EXERCISE" are buttery women who probably like Bon Jovi.

+ Reply to Thread