+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bargain hunters of the world unite...

xD I saw a good bargain in GAME the other day:
    £5 for DMC4 collectors edition (preowned)
    £8 for DMC4 standard edition (preowned)
    gutted that I didn't have any money because the collectors one is gone now =[

This has to be the cheapest that I have ever seen a brand new Xbox360 game listed...

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VID...Alert%203.html

A whopping £3.95 for Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3. May not have gone down too brilliantly with folk, but if you are looking for cheap multiplayer fun or some achievements to work on, then it may be a good steal...apparently, unlike its unfortunate kin, the difficulties DO stack in this one.
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

I bought this when it was still £30, two Christmases ago, as I didn't have a powerful enough laptop to run the PC version at the time. I don't see what people knock Red Alert 3 for; the Red Alert off-shoot of the C&C franchise has always been more cartoony and irreverent than the other entries. If you can get past the even hammier than normal mugging from the B and C list celebrities in the cutscenes, and the cell-shaded look of the game, it's a very solid RTS title. It's also one of only two RTS games I've played that really work on a console with a control pad. The other is Halo Wars. Unlike Halo Wars though, Red Alert 3 isn't stripped right back to the genre basics that stopped being enough by themselves a decade ago.

£3.95 for that game is both an insult, and one hell of a bloody bargain.

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rynstex PSN ID: Rynstex Steam ID: Rynstex

WH Smith are quite good for PC games...sometimes. Don't expect anything that's just been released to be a decent price but if you're after a game that slipped you by first time around it could be worth checking out. My local store usually has a few PC games in its entertainment clearance section...

Managed to pick up DoW II and Civilization Colonization for £5 each from there last year.

Again, not a place to visit often but worth keeping eye on.
    [Good Job Boots]

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Dawn of War II for just £5 Click Me

It's a fantastic game and well worth a look at.
    [Good Job Boots]

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

Was in Morrisson's supermarket earlier, couldn't believe some of the deals they had. MadWorld for £6.99, Little King's Story for £9.99, both on Wii. Settlers 6 and an anthology of the first three Broken Sword games and Beneath a Steel Sky, both for PC, both £6.99.

Haven't played Burnout in a while...miss the marathon sessions in a way. Would be more than happy in fact to help out anyone else who needs to get achievements...any excuse

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Bargin Hunters, I need a very cheap notebook that i can use for writing. I find i get far too distracted sitting at my desktop filled with game next to my xbox and PS3. So i need a portable laptop cabable of running Word and hopefully with a wifi network card. Look at spending around 200 - 250.

If you see any give me a shout.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroMark View Post
    Bargin Hunters, I need a very cheap notebook that i can use for writing. I find i get far too distracted sitting at my desktop filled with game next to my xbox and PS3. So i need a portable laptop cabable of running Word and hopefully with a wifi network card. Look at spending around 200 - 250.

If you see any give me a shout.
    Hmmm...Ebuyer often have good deals...

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?sort=pr...imit=10&page=1

Those are the cheapest they go. You may be better off with just a netbook then if all you want it for is writing? They are a little cheaper.

Gamer IDs

Samsung NC10, ASUS EEEPC 1000HE and Dell Mini 10 were three of the best netbooks last year, as they've aged slightly now the price should be even lower and will no doubt do everything you want from them.
    [Good Job Boots]

+ Reply to Thread