+ Reply to Thread
Page 242 of 277 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 2764

Thread: The 'Anti-Rant' thread...for when good shit actually happens...

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Times are hard, and I've just actually read a spec for a job I'd be perfect for AND would absolutely adore... and it's freelance, which means I could still do everything else, could still work from home, and would be doing something awesome for a company I really respect. I just have to decide...

A) whether or not to go for it
    B) how best to showcase my abilities
    C) if I feel I'm actually good enough to carry it off or not

Either way, I have a tingle of excitement in my belly. Awesome.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Quote Originally Posted by MarkuzR View Post
    Times are hard, and I've just actually read a spec for a job I'd be perfect for AND would absolutely adore... and it's freelance, which means I could still do everything else, could still work from home, and would be doing something awesome for a company I really respect. I just have to decide...

A) whether or not to go for it
    B) how best to showcase my abilities
    C) if I feel I'm actually good enough to carry it off or not

Either way, I have a tingle of excitement in my belly. Awesome.
    A) What would you say to me in this exact situation?
    B) Take any one of the emails you've ever sent me and display the same amount of interest, except in yourself
    C) Refer to A)

Job done. Let me know how it goes! What job is it?
    Last edited by Toffer; 01-07-2012 at 01:38.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

A) You have more time than me though, and it's time that this will need :|
    B) No no no, I mean ACTUALLY showcase my abilities... it's not a job where I can say "I'm this good" - I need to show them with technical examples, and it also has to fit with their style, so that's why I'm wondering how best to go about it.
    C) What they're looking for is pretty specific and although I have the technical expertise to carry it off... I have a very different style to what they do, so I may end up wasting a much-needed day off tomorrow producing something which may miss the mark entirely, and then it'll be another week before I get any time off and I know that next week is a cunt of a week.

None of my hesitancy was actually negative, just pragmatic But thanks dood
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Sounds awesome dude. I look forward to details!
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

A) You have more time than me though, and it's time that this will need :|
    B) No no no, I mean ACTUALLY showcase my abilities... it's not a job where I can say "I'm this good" - I need to show them with technical examples, and it also has to fit with their style, so that's why I'm wondering how best to go about it.
    C) What they're looking for is pretty specific and although I have the technical expertise to carry it off... I have a very different style to what they do, so I may end up wasting a much-needed day off tomorrow producing something which may miss the mark entirely, and then it'll be another week before I get any time off and I know that next week is a cunt of a week.

None of my hesitancy was actually negative, just pragmatic But thanks dood
    No worries buddy

I'm slowly turning into a less awesome version of you. I have NO free time these days XD

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    I have NO free time these days XD
    Except the time to post this. Get back to work ya lazy fuck!
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

Go for it. You can always quit if it proves to be shit/too much.

Would be good for you to have abit of extra money in instead of moaning all the time

Plus would be a new string for your bow/ feather for your cap kinda thing/bollocks

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

I think the reason you should go for it is:

I've just actually read a spec for a job I'd be perfect for AND would absolutely adore... and it's freelance, which means I could still do everything else, could still work from home, and would be doing something awesome for a company I really respect.
    Surely you can't be serious!

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

So, earlier this week I received a 2:1 for my English and Drama degree, and then last night Will and I finished the first draft of our first episode of our first sitcom

The one with the words mcdoodle42 is on a distinguished road mcdoodle42's Avatar
    The deep dark recesses of my mind. Also, Nottingham.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mcdoodle42 PSN ID: mcdoodle42 Steam ID: mcdoodle42

Quote Originally Posted by Jokesound View Post
    So, earlier this week I received a 2:1 for my English and Drama degree, and then last night Will and I finished the first draft of our first episode of our first sitcom
    That's a bunch of all round awesome!
    This post is sponsored by the phrase "Totes Emosh"

+ Reply to Thread