+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 277 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'Anti-Rant' thread...for when good shit actually happens...

Default The 'Anti-Rant' thread...for when good shit actually happens...

The council have spent the last week digging, shaving and re-tarmacing the road outside our house - we have been cut off to all but the Royal Mail van...how he gets through when the road is plastered with 'Road Closed'; signs is beyond us but we're not complaining. Just to walk up the road I have to run the gauntlet of diggers, tractors, and steamrollers. Due to all the disruption, CityLink have tried and failed to deliver my limited ed. Final Fantasy guide which I scrimped some Ebay money together for.

At a suggestion from Mark, I rang them and asked them if the guy could get to us via the backroads or else perhaps park at the station just at the top of the road and I would come up to meet him. They said yes and let the driver know. Fast forward a few hours and the driver rang to say he couldn't get through using the suggested backroads and was at the station. I rushed out, taking a few minutes to reach the bridge at the top of the road, and he was already out of the van with my precious parcel and the clipboard, having waited for me. What a fucking star.

Thank you Mr CityLink, for going beyond the call of duty
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

One of my bezzie mates just had some rather excellent news involving his mum and the fact that she's going to make a full recovery from a serious illness.

Literally PHEW! Best news ever.

Also, it's friday which is great because work can fuck off.

Even better is that I've got monday off cos we're getting a couch delivered. It's an electric recliner that's literally going to improve telly watching by 2000%. Which is good as it's getting paid for over the next 4 years.

And by the end of today I'll have maxed out Borderlands (again).

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Good stuff happening... um... hang on... AH yes... Mark B0SS' birthday present (awesome custom t-shirt) arrived this arvo and it's fucking amazing looking. So much better than expected. Also having a great afternoon singing along with the exceptional Roy S Khantatat and "Conception". He's not in my office, it's just mp3s. Still.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

The Huggy One Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bearhugger70 PSN ID: bearhugger70 Steam ID: bear_1970_

Homa made coke floats nuff said!

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Does it?

Damn you.. you edited your post from "coke floats" to "home made coke floats" (kinda lol). Get out of my offive, you ruined my jokeu
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

The Huggy One Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970's Avatar

Gamer IDs

It sure does well, I say "floats"........ it's more of an infuses really

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

I got handed a piece of paper during the week with the amount of my bonus.

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

I just farted, and it really eased the stomach ache I've had all afternoon. One of those truly satisfying passings of wind, a wind of change sweeping through your life.

Yeah... I'm not so good at this optimism thing... heh.

Gamer IDs

Coming home to find an unexpected Royal Mail card through the door telling you they tried to deliver something requiring a signature!

At present the world of possibilities is great Won't know what it is til tomorrow lunch time though as that's when I'll be going to collect lol

Gamer IDs

Don't get too excited, I sent you a jiffy bag full of anthrax... not the band.
    Linus Torvalds

+ Reply to Thread