+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Monkey Island 2: Le Chuck's Revenge on XBOX360/PC/PS3 OFFICIAL!

Default Monkey Island 2: Le Chuck's Revenge on XBOX360/PC/PS3 OFFICIAL!

http://gdc.gamespot.com/story/625336...pc-this-summer

Fucking yessssss....

More importantly, LucasArts also announced that Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge will be hitting Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, and PC this summer. Players will once again be able assume the role of the wannabe-pirate Guybrush Threepwood in the sequel, who must use his wits to solve puzzles in order to find the legendary treasure of Big Whoop.

Guybrush will be getting a new hairdo in LeChuck's Revenge.

Similar to the release of The Secret of Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2 will include features such as high-definition graphics, a re-mastered soundtrack and three-tiered hint system. The interactive hint system has been expanded and can be used to highlight important objects in the environment. Aside from the audio and visual upgrades, LeChuck's Revenge will allow players to directly control Guybrush if they choose, instead of relying on the traditional point-and-click formula to navigate.

In-game audio commentary from the game's creators will be included so players can listen in on the developers' thoughts and memories regarding the sequel. LeChuck's Revenge will once again include the ability to switch between the original game and the updated version, which was available in first remake. There will be voice acting in both modes this time around, and the original voice actors from the Monkey Island franchise will reprise their roles. In addition, there will be an in-game art viewer that will display original and new concept art used during the making of the game.
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

Blimey - that reminds me, I've still got TSOMI1 to get through. I bought the XBLA version when it went to 400. I had the briefest of dalliances with it on my Amiga but I think one of the bazillion discs it came on was corrupted.

I'm slightly wary of it though after playing Tim Schaefer's latest game, Brutal Legend, as it was a big load of rubbery old bollocks.

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

Well I'm looking forwards to it, if only to look at the new graphics for a bit to see what they're like before changing it back to the original version. That's what happened with the first one. Come to think of it... I never did get around to finishing the first one on the XBLA version... I was distracted by the new Monkey Islands on the Wii and forgot about the remake entirely.

I spent most of the first one flicking back and forth, but due to me despising the voice acting and the fact I loved the old style and music, I spent most of it in the old style. Plus it was quicker to read the text than listen to it.
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

As well as the horrendous voice acting, the new graphics just seemed very sterile to me. They lacked the charm of the original. Also some of the visual jokes no longer worked, like the pirate with the scarred eye at the start of the game, because the new one doesn't really look hilariously freakish enough to warrant Guybrush's reaction the same way.

I can see me getting it just for the novelty of the thing, deciding I preferred the original version, and wandering off again to play something else.

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

Roll on How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

I'd like to see them redo Fate Of Atlantis too.

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rynstex PSN ID: Rynstex Steam ID: Rynstex

I've never played a Monkey Island game...never.
    [Good Job Boots]

+ Reply to Thread