+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Day 14: Just What I've Always Wanted!

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Default Day 14: Just What I've Always Wanted!

So today I get to play Bioshock and Bioshock 2. Never played them before but apparently they are pretty good. It's not that I didn't think the Bioshock games were crap when they were out, but I just never got round to playing them.

So with that in mind, I'd like to hear all about those games you wish you had got to play, or those older games that you have recently managed to get the chance played that blew you away.

Ready?

Go!
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

One Among The Fence DomPeppiatt will become famous soon enough DomPeppiatt's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dom Peppiatt PSN ID: DomPeppiatt Steam ID: DomPeppiatt

So, erm, yeah... I've not played Skyrim yet..... Looks alright, I suppose....

Edit: Yeah, play Bioshock. Couldn't recommend a series more. Lead me to read Atlas Shurgged by Ayn Rand and I have never looked back since. Got me into philosophy and everything. Stellar games, stellar concept, strong, driving narrative and beautifully realized world. The 2nd one isn't as good, but definitely still worth a punt.
    Last edited by DomPeppiatt; 14-07-2012 at 12:28. Reason: Needs to be said.

The one with the words mcdoodle42 is on a distinguished road mcdoodle42's Avatar
    The deep dark recesses of my mind. Also, Nottingham.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mcdoodle42 PSN ID: mcdoodle42 Steam ID: mcdoodle42

Recently bought a GameCube, along with Pokemon Colisseum which I'd always wanted. I'm still on the lookout for Gales of Darkness. I'll find it.
    This post is sponsored by the phrase "Totes Emosh"

Vittoria Agli Assassini PhantoM is on a distinguished road PhantoM's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PhantoM XI PSN ID: PhantoM- Steam ID: Asphyx1ateD

Nothing massively springs to mind when it comes to missed games... I do have a lot on my shelf that people insist I should have played, but have yet to do so (examples: Arkham City, Mass Effect 1/2, Fallout 3 GOTY, Red Dead Redemption, etc. etc.).

...yeah I'm significantly backlogged. That's a small part of a long list.

Steam: Asphyx1ateD | PSN: PhantoM- | XBL: PhantoM XI

Waiting for: Watch Dogs, The Division
    Currently playing: Day Z Standalone / PS4: FIFA 14 & Battlefield 4
    Latest Platinum & 1000G: Metal Gear Solid 4 / FIFA 13

Visit my YouTube!

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

I missed out on Mass Effect 1 & 2 when they first came out. I ended up buying them both in a steam sale a year or so ago and then proceeded to play the shit out of them. It impressed me enough to buy the 3rd game on day 1. Even though I was in the middle of my giving up gaming for Lent experiment....

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

I'd like to have played Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2 & 3. Someday
    Surely you can't be serious!

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Uncharted 2 is good. Don't bother with 3. The Bioshock series is excellent. 1 is better then 2. I wish i'd played Xcom series originally. It just can't get into it now.

Vittoria Agli Assassini PhantoM is on a distinguished road PhantoM's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PhantoM XI PSN ID: PhantoM- Steam ID: Asphyx1ateD

I wouldn't go as far to say "don't bother Uncharted 3"... granted it's nowhere near as good as 2, but it's still a pretty decent game. You could do a hell of a lot worse, anyway. If you find it cheap I'd say it's worth a playthrough.

Steam: Asphyx1ateD | PSN: PhantoM- | XBL: PhantoM XI

Waiting for: Watch Dogs, The Division
    Currently playing: Day Z Standalone / PS4: FIFA 14 & Battlefield 4
    Latest Platinum & 1000G: Metal Gear Solid 4 / FIFA 13

Visit my YouTube!

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

Every game I ever bought... apart from those few I finished.

I'm that type of guy that buys a game, plays it for a few days and then buys the next because it's shinier at that time. And then I repeat it. From all the games that I have, including the steam library, I've finished maybe 5%, probably even less. I'm a lazy bastard that gets distracted far too easy.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I've pretty much played every game that I want to, and if I haven't actually played it it's because I just haven't got around to it but I WILL play it. I actually don't have any gaming regrets, per se, other than spending over £300 on a Wii for Lorna's christmas because she really wanted one and it had sold out, so I had to go with eBay... and it never gets used, or buying the PS3... and it never gets used.... oh and the fucking FOUR Xboxes in the house, three of which never get used
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

+ Reply to Thread