+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Day 13: Wait, its Friday 13th too?

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Default Day 13: Wait, its Friday 13th too?

To counteract the alleged bad luck that follows this day, what's been your luckiest gaming moment? Meeting someone famous, getting a rare copy of a game, maybe something in game itself during an intense multiplayer session?

What's been your luckiest moment or memory in gaming?

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Meeting famous people doesn't fall in to my mindset, I'm afraid. Famous people are just normal people that have a load of folk giving them far too much credit for undoubtedly doing very little. So I'll skip that one, although there are many.

Probably getting Fred on eBay for such a small amount thanks to the guy listing it not actually mentioning "Fallout 3" or "Brotherhood of Steel". The auction was coming to a close, he had a reserve on it along with a starting price of £550, so I took a chance and emailed him to offer him his starting price to take down the auction and just agree to sell it. Plus I managed to get one of our clients with their own haulage trucks to carry it up from Surrey to Glasgow at no cost. Bit of a steal (steel, wah wah waaaah) really.

Luckiest moment IN game would be playing through The Pitt DLC on Fallout 3. I had only ONE more ingot to get and I went back through the entire level many times over to try and find this elusive lump of metal, but to no avail. Then I remembered that there was an area on a roof where a bunch of ingots were stashed behind some sort of roofing vent, so I decided to go up there for a look... and fell through the floor to an out-of-gameplay area.

Thankfully, I'd saved it. I reloaded the save and spent the next fuck knows how many hours trying to get to that one area again but, every time, would fall through the roof. I had one option... to go back to an earlier save at the beginning of the DLC to get to this area FIRST and see how many ingots there were, and then probably start the collectathon again.

I loaded in the save, from over six hours back, and went to that point in the roof, picked up those ingots first and started going through the whole thing again. And that's when it happened... going through the crawlspace area from one area to the next (where you're in a sort of maze of cages, suspended off the ground) I noticed a mine cart half on its side in a dark corner, so I went looking for a way out of the cage and found one... went over to the mine cart and there was an ingot. "Did I get this one first time around? Do I even remember SEEING this cart at all??" so I loaded in my most recent save where I just had ONE more ingot to get, went straight back to that cage area, found the way out, got to the mine cart... and there it was... the fifth golden ticket! Picked it up, achievement unlocked, DLC maxed.

If it hadn't been for that one sideways glance, seeing the mine cart in the corner, I'd have lost those six hours and gone back through it all again. I know it's not "luck", per se, but I saw it as being a lucky break.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Bearer of The Hat of Boo! Fluff will become famous soon enough Fluff's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fluffy Fury Steam ID: fluffyfluffyfury Raptr ID: FluffyFury

Starting a MW2 match, throwing a chance grenade and wiping out the entire team in one go.

Or a game of search and destroy where they had owned us the whole game, and it was down to a single capture, and I just ran, jumped and somehow managed to do it without the 3 snipers who had trained their view on the spot killing me. In the final second of the game I could see one of them running at me shooting, and still we won the game with a second to spare. One of those moments where the rest of my team were screaming "NONONO DON'T" down the headset, but I had nothing to loose.
    Mr Kipling is a lie.

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Seriously, Friday the 13th and we didn't go with a horror related one? For shame Toff chops.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroMark View Post
    Seriously, Friday the 13th and we didn't go with a horror related one? For shame Toff chops.
    "Friday the 13th is a date considered to be bad luck in western superstition"

Nuff said.

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Check and mate.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Just getting the "head shot during a tremor on the roof" cheev on Max Payne 3 yesterday. Fifteen bloody times I attempted it, and on the last go, I was ready to give up, and go to bed crying.

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

Quote Originally Posted by The Author View Post
    Just getting the "head shot during a tremor on the roof" cheev on Max Payne 3 yesterday. Fifteen bloody times I attempted it, and on the last go, I was ready to give up, and go to bed crying.
    Sounds like a hard one to get when trying for it. It happened during my normal playthrough. Is that luck. LOL.
    Surely you can't be serious!

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

My most amazing achievement is on an XBLA game called Golf: Tee It Up. The achv was to beat the hard course under par by like ten or some shit. Anyway... first 14 or so holes I was looking good. Next 3 were proper cunts. I needed to eagle the final hole which as fucked. The hole was fucking far away and on a platform. There was a platform inbetween the tee and the hole too.

The game lets you use 'focus' to guide things a bit but I used it all up getting onto the middle platform.

I had a 100+ yard shot onto a fucking platform and I fucking hit it. Some degree of skill, more luck though. When it went in the game was maxed and my pants were too.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroMark View Post

Check and mate.
    So you wanted me to base today's 30 Days topic on some shit films that share the name with today's date.

For shame Zero. For shame.

+ Reply to Thread