+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ooooooooyaaaaaaaaa

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Default Ooooooooyaaaaaaaaa

To be more exact; The Ouya, or whatever the fuck this thing is.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/1...ay-of-all-time

First time I've heard about it but it's smashed through its targets on Kickstarter.

Thoughts?

Writer of Things Spad has a spectacular aura about Spad has a spectacular aura about Spad has a spectacular aura about Spad's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: spad360 Steam ID: the_spad

So, I can play all those old console games that were ported to my phone, on a console again?

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I read this with interest. So they're creating a console which will come WITH the SDK and everything you need to create your own games for it... that sounds pretty good, and the hardware spec isn't that bad either, but they haven't mentioned the GPU at all and that's worrying. If the GPU turns out to be a pile of wank, then it'll end up being nothing more than one of those "50-in-1" plastic controllers you can buy where you've got all these ROMs on one board, and you can only play very simple games.

What I'd like to see from this, is WHAT types of games it can handle. Can it run a first-person at 30 or 60fps? Can it handle HDR or bloom? Will it work with 3D tech? And when they say that at least SOME aspect of the game is free... surely then someone could create a game where level one is free but to continue playing the game you'd have to pay £29.99? I love the idea, because I'm very much the capitalist and think that people should be encouraged to get off their lazy arses and do something awesome BUT... I dunno... they haven't gone in to that much detail, considering how much they're asking for and have already got. I'd be flooding it with "OMG you'll also be able to do THIS..." were it my personal project.

I'll keep an eye on it.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

The one with the words mcdoodle42 is on a distinguished road mcdoodle42's Avatar
    The deep dark recesses of my mind. Also, Nottingham.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mcdoodle42 PSN ID: mcdoodle42 Steam ID: mcdoodle42

I read it and kind of went "meh". It strikes as the kind of thing that you'll play with once and then will gather dust. Much like my PSP. The impression I got from it was that the games would be quite simple as well.

It's an interesting idea, but I'd have to see how it goes before the thought of buying it even crossed my mind.
    This post is sponsored by the phrase "Totes Emosh"

Totes Emosh vinny_v86 will become famous soon enough vinny_v86 will become famous soon enough vinny_v86's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iancox1986 PSN ID: vinnyv86 Steam ID: iancox1986

Being an Android based system, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being based on the Nvidia Tegra 3 chip - I have that chip in my phone and tablet, and it does make things look nice.

However, I just can't see the niche for this. As mentioned, I can play Android games on my phone/tablet, both of which can link to a bluetooth controller. Hell, my xbox controller works on my tablet via USB.

It would be interesting to see what kind of offerings it actually gives. Is it just a portal to the Android Play Store games that you can play on your TV?

+ Reply to Thread