+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Secret World

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Default Secret World

Anyone else playing this? I pre-ordered to get into the beta. Regretting it now though. One of those games with a very flashy UI and stuff but very little in the way of combat mechanics or animations.

I like some of the stuff they are doing, like only being able to pick up a few missions at a time, focuses you on whats going on in those particular stories but it means you are running around for aaaaages back and forth to the same couple of folk.

You do get to fight Cathulu at one point, and some of the modern day myth stuff is pretty cool. I just can't seem to get in to it.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroMark View Post
    Anyone else playing this? I pre-ordered to get into the beta. Regretting it now though. One of those games with a very flashy UI and stuff but very little in the way of combat mechanics or animations.

I like some of the stuff they are doing, like only being able to pick up a few missions at a time, focuses you on whats going on in those particular stories but it means you are running around for aaaaages back and forth to the same couple of folk.

You do get to fight Cathulu at one point, and some of the modern day myth stuff is pretty cool. I just can't seem to get in to it.
    I had a friend say exactly the same. Just couldn't get into it and ultimately turned it off after a couple of hours

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

I've gone off MMO games now that SWtOR turned out to be pants.

The Huggy One Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bearhugger70 PSN ID: bearhugger70 Steam ID: bear_1970_

Cathulu? Is that Cthulhu's sister?

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

Nah, his pet

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I think editing has gone to Pete's head... he seems to be correcting people a lot now

I was the same with Secret World. Got into the beta, and by "got into" I mean I was given access to it, but even after a couple of hours playing it I couldn't actually "get into it". Looks lovely, and I really DID love wandering around London and going "ooooh that's nice!" but as far as gameplay is concerned, I just couldn't get it.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

The Huggy One Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bearhugger70 PSN ID: bearhugger70 Steam ID: bear_1970_

Quote Originally Posted by MarkuzR View Post
    I think editing has gone to Pete's head... he seems to be correcting people a lot now
    Only when there's a pun to be had

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Halloween necrooooo. I'm going to give this another go. See if they've improved it in any way. Anyone fancy giving it a go?
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

I've bought it when it was on sale last summer, enjoyed it a lot so far. I'd fancy a game, but I'm very busy lately and I'm not sure how long it'll take to get internet at the new place. But yeah, wonderful MMO, especially the Spy missions where you actually have to solve puzzles and think, instead of WoW-like "Kill 20 Squirrles and bring me their nutsacks."

The stories are great, too. But I'm a Lovecraft fanboy, so yeah...

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

Mrs Blucey played this shit for a while.

It looked wack as fuck but she sort of liked it. She loves that MMO shit though.

+ Reply to Thread