+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Day 3: The Return of the King

The one with the words mcdoodle42 is on a distinguished road mcdoodle42's Avatar
    The deep dark recesses of my mind. Also, Nottingham.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mcdoodle42 PSN ID: mcdoodle42 Steam ID: mcdoodle42

Quote Originally Posted by The Rook View Post
    My game would be Run Like Hell on the original Xbox. Sci-fi game with Clancy Brown and Kate Mulgrew voicing characters. It was one of my top 5 games on the Xbox. (Halo, Sudeki, Fahrenheit and KOTOR being the others)
    I had Run Like Hell on the PS2. It was one of the scariest games I have ever played. Never finished it.
    This post is sponsored by the phrase "Totes Emosh"

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

Just thought of a good one, NOLF (No One Lives Forever) it was a FPS game set in the late 60's. You were a female spy, I forget her name, and the world was like an Austin Powers movie, abit over the top and stereotypical, it even had enemies that wore suits and a fez. Brilliant fun.

They made a sequel too but sadly it wasn't as good as the first.

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Just thought of a good one, NOLF (No One Lives Forever) it was a FPS game set in the late 60's. You were a female spy, I forget her name, and the world was like an Austin Powers movie, abit over the top and stereotypical, it even had enemies that wore suits and a fez. Brilliant fun.

They made a sequel too but sadly it wasn't as good as the first.
    Cate Archer and her sidekick was Bruno. The whole thing was fucking excellent man. That was and still is one of the most original FPS games going. Came out in 2001 if my memory is correct. The sequel was good. I'd argue they tried to go a little silly rather than clever and didn't quite pull it off but that had plenty of decent features.

I've seen Uplink mentioned to. That was a top game that I never managed to get that far with because I got distracted. Always thought it looked ace but didn't buy it till about 2-3 years ago. I was playing it as recently as when we were at E3 though XD

But yeah Ste, your NOLF shout is exactly the sort of game that flew under the radar that everyone should play. Well done sir!

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Quote Originally Posted by The Rook View Post
    I have Eternal Darkness but never played it. Blast Corps was awesome fun.

My game would be Run Like Hell on the original Xbox. Sci-fi game with Clancy Brown and Kate Mulgrew voicing characters. It was one of my top 5 games on the Xbox. (Halo, Sudeki, Fahrenheit and KOTOR being the others)
    Always thought Run Like Hell looked interesting but never had a PS2. Eternal Darkness is an excellent game Rook. You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you never played it!

Vittoria Agli Assassini PhantoM is on a distinguished road PhantoM's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PhantoM XI PSN ID: PhantoM- Steam ID: Asphyx1ateD

Second Sight is up there, can't think of anyone who played that other than me. Chose it over Psi-Ops based on my obsession with TimeSplitters 1 and 2 (Free Radical used to be so good...). Way better than the piece of shit that was TimeSplitters 3 that came out not long after.

Had great atmosphere and played really well... good combination of gunplay, stealth and powers. Wicked story, too. Was an absolute pleasure to play and re-play.

Steam: Asphyx1ateD | PSN: PhantoM- | XBL: PhantoM XI

Waiting for: Watch Dogs, The Division
    Currently playing: Day Z Standalone / PS4: FIFA 14 & Battlefield 4
    Latest Platinum & 1000G: Metal Gear Solid 4 / FIFA 13

Visit my YouTube!

Some, they call me...Stu etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Etherfiend PSN ID: Etherfiend

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroMark View Post
    That or Evil Genius. Not sure why that wasn't a mega hit. Basically you play an evil genius, you build a evil lair on a tropical island, send your minions off to take out targets or steal treasures from the world, all the while trying to defend your lair from spies. It's a total James Bond spoof and it's brilliant.
    Yeah Evil Genius was a good one.

For me it would likely be Privateer 2 (old PC) or more recently Dragon's Blade on the WinPhone (basic old school RPG).

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

Azure Dreams for either the PS1 or the Game Boy Color. Wonderful Dungeon Crawler with a great story and lots of stuff to do so you never get bored. I'm still dusting it off now and then, I don't know anybody else who ever played it.

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

Any of you guys ever heard of Mass Effect? That was good.

The one with the words mcdoodle42 is on a distinguished road mcdoodle42's Avatar
    The deep dark recesses of my mind. Also, Nottingham.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mcdoodle42 PSN ID: mcdoodle42 Steam ID: mcdoodle42

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Any of you guys ever heard of Mass Effect? That was good.
    I was less than impressed.
    This post is sponsored by the phrase "Totes Emosh"

My pick would have to be Fairytale Fights. Reviewed it twice for GL (first look here and fresh look here) and the second time, once they had patched it to fuck, it scored a 7. Very lemony, but it was a great concept. I loved the idea of twisted fairytale characters who had been forgotten and pushed aside by a new hero, who have to platform and slash and hack their way as violently as possible through some wonderfully inventive locations. Great stuff - shame more people never played it. Very glitchy on release, but it is now patched (for the most part). Bastard to max, however, so achievement whores beware... the difficulties don't stack and the hardest setting is fucking atrocious.

A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

+ Reply to Thread