+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Day 3: The Return of the King

Award Winning Layabout Ricass is on a distinguished road Ricass's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ricass PSN ID: DokRic Steam ID: ricass

It wasn't a great game, but Rodland (not as gay as it sounds) sticks in my mind as being a relatively obscure Game Boy game I played as a kid. Wasn't great, but it was fun.

Out of games that were actually good... did anyone play Dark Chronicle on the PS2? It's my third favourite game of all time, dunno if other people ever played it though.
    Whoever thought I'd end years of dejected loneliness/Making hot keyboard love at 2.4kBps?

Bearer of The Hat of Boo! Fluff will become famous soon enough Fluff's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fluffy Fury Steam ID: fluffyfluffyfury Raptr ID: FluffyFury

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    I told you I played it when you mentioned it a year back. Utter classic. All I played while I had tonsillitis XD
    You're the one other person you pillock. I mean Sir... Please don't cube my car.
    Mr Kipling is a lie.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Quote Originally Posted by Ricass View Post
    It wasn't a great game, but Rodland (not as gay as it sounds) sticks in my mind as being a relatively obscure Game Boy game I played as a kid. Wasn't great, but it was fun.
    RODLAND!!! Can't imagine what it was like on the Game Boy, but on the Amiga it was awesome. I used to use my Action Replay cart to capture screenshots and redraw them in Deluxe Paint IV AGA... especially the hot fairy at the start. Om nom nom!!

THERE SHE IS!!!!!
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

I fucking love Rodland! Especially the super violent weapons.

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    You're the one other person you pillock. I mean Sir... Please don't cube my car.
    Lolz. What if I triangle it?

I suppose my game that I rave about that no-one seems to have played is Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube. It was bloody top stuff.

Either that or Blast Corps for the N64! Very clever concept that is due a re-make or re-release!

Writer of Things Spad has a spectacular aura about Spad has a spectacular aura about Spad's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: spad360 Steam ID: the_spad

Uplink.

Sure, it's picked up a bit of attention now and there's an iPad version and all that, but at the time (2001) it was a game about hacking, from a British indie developer that nobody had ever heard of at a time when indie developers didn't really put out "proper" games. I sunk many hours into it and it was (is) awesome.

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

Quote Originally Posted by Spad View Post
    Uplink.

Sure, it's picked up a bit of attention now and there's an iPad version and all that, but at the time (2001) it was a game about hacking, from a British indie developer that nobody had ever heard of at a time when indie developers didn't really put out "proper" games. I sunk many hours into it and it was (is) awesome.
    Uplink was great. I've still got the disk somewhere. One of the last games I know of that used the encoded card as DRM(I think it had it anyway)

l also brought it again when it came out on Steam. It was the only game I could get to run on my computer at my last job. I used to sit there and play it instead of working seeing as I wasn't getting paid!

Didn't bother with the iPad version though. Do you know how it translates onto touch screen?

"Die Völker 2" (which means something like "The People / The Races 2")... I'm not even sure if it exists in English since the company that published it apparently was Austrian.

It was pretty similar to "Age of Empires" but you got to choose between 3 races (amazons, insect people and blue monster thingies?). It was so awesome and I know noone else who's played it (except my siblings). I wish it would still work on my newer PC

Writer of Things Spad has a spectacular aura about Spad has a spectacular aura about Spad's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: spad360 Steam ID: the_spad

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Uplink was great. I've still got the disk somewhere. One of the last games I know of that used the encoded card as DRM(I think it had it anyway)

l also brought it again when it came out on Steam. It was the only game I could get to run on my computer at my last job. I used to sit there and play it instead of working seeing as I wasn't getting paid!

Didn't bother with the iPad version though. Do you know how it translates onto touch screen?
    Not sure how it works on the iPad, but given the amount (and speed) of typing I used to have to do when taking down servers I imagine it might be tricky.

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    I suppose my game that I rave about that no-one seems to have played is Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube. It was bloody top stuff.
    Either that or Blast Corps for the N64! Very clever concept that is due a re-make or re-release!
    I have Eternal Darkness but never played it. Blast Corps was awesome fun.

My game would be Run Like Hell on the original Xbox. Sci-fi game with Clancy Brown and Kate Mulgrew voicing characters. It was one of my top 5 games on the Xbox. (Halo, Sudeki, Fahrenheit and KOTOR being the others)
    Surely you can't be serious!

+ Reply to Thread