+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Day 1: A New Hope

Some, they call me...Stu etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Etherfiend PSN ID: Etherfiend

My first console was a PS2 with Die Hard Vendetta. It was a post-uni treat to myself. We had a binary household growing up, I was computers (Vic20, C64, Amiga, PC) and my younger brother was the console whore (NES, Master System, Mega Drive) and at uni my housemates provided a Playstation, SNES and N64 so I never needed to own one myself. Oh yeah, my grandparents had a Binatone pong system (with the paddle controllers) too.

It probably isn't a console per-se but when I was pretty young I owned two single-game battery/mains operated jobbies that had controllers and screen in one. One was a Caveman thing where you had to get up a mountain spewing lava and rocks (Donkey Kong rip off) and the other was a yellow PacMan one.

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

Quote Originally Posted by etherfiend View Post
    It probably isn't a console per-se but when I was pretty young I owned two single-game battery/mains operated jobbies that had controllers and screen in one. One was a Caveman thing where you had to get up a mountain spewing lava and rocks (Donkey Kong rip off) and the other was a yellow PacMan one.
    I had a Caveman one too but mine was just catching eggs/rocks and avoiding a pterodactyl and/or avoid getting eaten by a dinosaur, kinda fuzzy on the details. I too had the yellow PacMan console, that's probably a collectors item nowadays.
    Surely you can't be serious!

Nine-Tailed Fox Zephyr has a spectacular aura about Zephyr has a spectacular aura about Zephyr's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Songbreeze3 Steam ID: Zephyr3333

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Tough, as I didn't own a console of my own for years as I always had computers, such as the Spectrum and Amiga. However, the first one I ever played was that orange one that I can't be bothered to Google, which came with Pong and those twisty dial 'gamepads'.
    This. (For obvious reasons ) But the first one I spent own pocket money on was either the original Gameboy with Tetris, or the Master System with built-in Alex Kidd in Miracle World, whichever came out first. I can't remember.
    For he did not know / That beyond the lake he called home / Lies a deeper, darker ocean green / Where waves are both wilder / And more serene / To its ports I've been / To its ports I've been.

Massive forehead The Sonic Mole will become famous soon enough The Sonic Mole's Avatar
    Leeds (but I'm originally from Leighton Buzzard)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Sonic Mole Steam ID: thesonicmole Raptr ID: TheSonicMole

Aargh! I'm late again to this 30 days lark.

My first console was a Sega Mega Drive that came bundled with Italia '90. Awful, awful game. Luckily I also bought Super Hang On with it which was fantastic.

Happy days...

"By the tits of my ancestors!"

+ Reply to Thread