+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DayZ

Writer of Things Spad has a spectacular aura about Spad has a spectacular aura about Spad's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: spad360 Steam ID: the_spad

Default DayZ

Anyone been playing DayZ? I jumped in a couple of weeks ago and have been pretty much hooked since.

It's a weird concept in so many ways; you can quite literally wander around a "full" server for 30 minutes without seeing another player or even a zombie, you don't even start with a weapon any more, no map (unless you find one), no regenerating health, no real objective, perma-death and yet it's absurdly addictive.

If you've somehow missed the DayZ hype, take a look here http://www.dayzmod.com/

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

I've seen this doing the rounds on the gaming sites but I've not got Arma 2 so not played it. I love the concept though. PC Gamer have done a few diaries on it, people should check em out if you've not already.

Writer of Things Spad has a spectacular aura about Spad has a spectacular aura about Spad's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: spad360 Steam ID: the_spad

£25 for Arma2:CO on Steam (and you can probably find it cheaper elsewhere) - I don't mind admitting that I bought it just to play DayZ...

It's one of those games that generates a lot of stories.

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

I really want to try it. Well outside my price range till next wednesday. Sounds like a brilliant idea.

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

I'm playing this for quite a while now, also doing a Let's Play with some friends. Wonderful game, I enjoy it a lot. i find it fascinating how paranoid people get if they see other players. This has been worth every single cent I spent for it.

It's rather a zombie simulation game, than a shooter like L4D. You can starve, bleed out, break your bones or die from getting too cold. If you lost too much blood your vision is getting all blurry and you can't see anything. You also start to pass out regulary. Some servers marked as Veteran are modified so the player has no cross hairs and isn't able to see the name of other players. There's an direct VoIP channel so you can talk to other players within earshot and the map is 225km² big (roughly 90miles²). As soon as nighttime falls you can't see shit, it's just pitch black. So you turn on the flashlight (if you have one) or throw a flare, but that attracts zombies and maybe other, hostile players.

It's hard, it's frustrating and I just can't stop playing it.

Here's the let's play I made with friends, it's in german, but you get the idea.

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Had my eye on this for ages. Me and five friends all want to desperately play it but we need to buy it. There is a Steam Sale coming up so I'll be getting ARMA 2 then. I hope it drops under fifteen quid. I really want to play this, love the concept, seen the videos. I just don't have any cash right now.

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

It just makes me think OH MY DAYZ!!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

Played it today for the first time in a week, after me and two friends fled into a barn. I lost a lot of blood and both my legs were broken, but none of us had any morphine (it heals broken limbs). So we were trying to find any morphine in a close town, rather said the two friends of mine who were still able to walk. I was waiting in the barn, while listening to them over skype, talking about tactics and how to best sneak into that town. Shortly after they started yelling that no house could be entered and many zombies followed them. They ran back to the yarn, we shot the zombies and disconnected, barely alive.

Now the other friend of mine lost a lot of blood and we connected to another server, were another player was sitting right next to us. We killed him and I looted his backpack, since I lost mine earlier. We decided to run for another town to the west, the only problem was, I had to crouch. So the other two ran ahead and I followed them slowly. Very slowly.

Five minutes later they entered said town, found a house with stuff - and another player. That bastard killed both of them and now I'm crouching in the middle of nowhere, half blind and without orientation...

Going to crouch into a nearby crowd of zombies to kill myself since it would take forever to find my friends again.

But even with all that frustration, I want to play this again soon.

Vittoria Agli Assassini PhantoM is on a distinguished road PhantoM's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PhantoM XI PSN ID: PhantoM- Steam ID: Asphyx1ateD

Got 110 hours on Steam but I have even more now 'cause I've been playing the beta patch version (which doesn't have Steam enabled)... probably closer to 150.

I've written a few thousand words for an article of it, but each time I play the metagame changes. It's just so hard to write about a game that is almost about emotional investment to drive your experience.

Steam: Asphyx1ateD | PSN: PhantoM- | XBL: PhantoM XI

Waiting for: Watch Dogs, The Division
    Currently playing: Day Z Standalone / PS4: FIFA 14 & Battlefield 4
    Latest Platinum & 1000G: Metal Gear Solid 4 / FIFA 13

Visit my YouTube!

Gamer IDs

Is anybody up for this? I haven't played it in a while, but I really want to. That calls for a DayZ Gaming Night

+ Reply to Thread