+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dragons Dogma

Squirclebutt Xexal is on a distinguished road Xexal's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xexal PSN ID: Xexal Steam ID: Lord_Brightlegs

Default Dragons Dogma

Anyone else get it today? It's so relaxed!

You can literally just wander round, doing quests, breaking shit and jumping on buildings. Like a gangster.

Protip: Mage dresses like a Taiwanese ladyboy.
    About as reliable as dice. Schizophrenic dice.

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Read a favourable review of it but not picked it up myself. Far to much stuff to already play!

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

It's only out yesterday? I've had a couple people on my feed practically live-tweet the entire bloody game this last week, so I'm not into it anymore.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I played it at that Microsoft weekend thing I went to last year, and thought it should have been called Dragon's Dogarse to be honest. I was with six other people and after five minutes I was the only person still playing it, but that was purely down to my own curiosity as to whether or not it would improve. By the time my half hour was up, I still found nothing decent to say about it. Perhaps that was a REALLY early build (don't think so, not if it was October last year) but I just didn't see the point to the game at all.

Then again, the same thing happened with Battlefield 3 that weekend and look how popular that ended up being!
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

I'm loving it so far. It can be bitch hard at times like many games of its type, but the pawn system works really well and the AI is pretty good most of the time.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Squirclebutt Xexal is on a distinguished road Xexal's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xexal PSN ID: Xexal Steam ID: Lord_Brightlegs

I'm finding it a bit aimless, its good and all but there's no real drive or reward for doing stuff.
    About as reliable as dice. Schizophrenic dice.

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

I played a few hours of it now, and I enjoy it a lot. The pawn system is really good, if you have problems with a quest or enemy you can get a pawn with better abilities or even some knowledge of the actual quest/enemy. I just traded in "Rook", the first pawn you get for "Sensei Kitty" who has better healing and damage skills and tadaa, those bandits are much easier now.
    It's probably one of those games that you really have to like to enjoy it, just like Monster Hunter (also by Capcom if I remember right).

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

One of my co-podcasters rates this. Sounds like it might be the Amalur clone I'm looking for.

The one with the words mcdoodle42 is on a distinguished road mcdoodle42's Avatar
    The deep dark recesses of my mind. Also, Nottingham.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mcdoodle42 PSN ID: mcdoodle42 Steam ID: mcdoodle42

Quote Originally Posted by Blucey View Post
    One of my co-podcasters rates this. Sounds like it might be the Amalur clone I'm looking for.
    It's not a lot like Amalur, but it's worth a go. It's good fun.
    This post is sponsored by the phrase "Totes Emosh"

Massive forehead The Sonic Mole will become famous soon enough The Sonic Mole's Avatar
    Leeds (but I'm originally from Leighton Buzzard)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Sonic Mole Steam ID: thesonicmole Raptr ID: TheSonicMole

Hello, its been a while...

I've been playing this and really enjoying it. The story is a bit limp but there's SO much to do and the battles against larger beasties are epic (in the true sense). Also, the pawn system is another great example of asynchronous multiplayer.

"By the tits of my ancestors!"

+ Reply to Thread