+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Space Quest creators are making a new game

Default Space Quest creators are making a new game

The Two Guys from Andromeda, creators of the Space Quest adventure game series (from Sierra in the '80s and '90s), have opened up their Kickstarter campaign for their new space adventure game. And they've got some nice voice talent lined up as well, including:
    • Gary Owens - Narrator from SQ4 and SQ6, voice of Space Ghost, Laugh-in, and many many others in a long and distinguished career.
    • Rob Paulsen - Pinky from Pinky and the Brain, Yakko from Animaniacs, Raphael the Ninja Turtle, and multiple characters from Monkey Island among many other characters he has voiced.
    • Robert Clotworthy – Jim Raynor from StarCraft 1 & 2, Senator Evran & Supreme Chancellor from Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Narrator of The History Channel’s Ancient Aliens series, Big Bang Theory, etc.
    • Ellen McLain - GLaDOS from Portal 1 & 2, Overwatch from Half-Life 2, Administrator from Team Fortress 2, Witch from Left for Dead 2 and many more.
    • John Patrick Lowrie - Sniper from Team Fortress 2, Sword Control from Halo Reach, Citizens from Half-Life 2 and author of Dancing with Eternity.

Check out their Kickstarter now at: http://www.tgakick.com

Also be sure to check out their website: http://www.guysfromandromeda.com

Some, they call me...Stu etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Etherfiend PSN ID: Etherfiend

Could be interesting. I wonder how much longer this whole 'kickstarter' thing will last before everyone gets fed up of the constant begging on social media for these things? More to the point, as higher profile people start to steal the limelight for their projects (Tim Schaefer, etc) will it be long before the publishers move in to crowd-fund risky projects? Once more I can see the indie guys getting a fight on their hands to get any exposure in yet another area of the games industry.

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

Did we just get spammed?

If not why do I feel dirty?

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I consider all first-post-advertisements to be spam, yeah. Stu commented on it though, which means that the post carries some validity and that's why I haven't removed it. I got a similar email this morning, suggesting that we give our support to the Kickstarter campaign and was actually going to put it forward for consideration BUT... I am very much against people who join forums simply to advertise and then move on, so I'm not going to consider it anymore.

If only the poster had taken the time to integrate, join the forum properly, get to know people and then post this... then Andromeda would have got our support. Perfect example of fans putting their foot in it without thinking. Shame.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

I'm also not entirely sure how voice actors are supposed to impress me. :/

Anything on gameplay, visuals or story? I'm playing a game not listening to an audio book.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

*shrug* It's relevant gaming news/discussion material. If you're not interested in Space Quest or sci-fi adventure games in general, that's fine I guess. But if you are interested, I can't see why it's any less valid than any other contribution. In any case, I hope you will not let your opinion of me cloud your view of the Two Guys and their project.

Anything on gameplay, visuals or story? I'm playing a game not listening to an audio book.
    They're developing a prototype based on people's feedback as the Kickstarter progresses. They've already released the first version of the prototype, and while it's not yet very immersive or detailed, I believe it shows promise. Also, if you've ever played Space Quest, they've promised a game with much the same humor and playstyle as those games. And they've released a "reunion" video which I think does a good job of showing off their humor.
    Last edited by pcj; 17-05-2012 at 21:29.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by pcj View Post
    I can't see why it's any less valid than any other contribution.
    It's just bad forum etiquette to turn up and have your first post as an advertisement for something which expects to obtain money from our users. As any forum (en-masse) would agree, it's customary to integrate yourself in a normal manner before attempting to encourage them to show interest in something outside of the forum. The polite road would have been to introduce yourself, take part in the general discussions for a day or so and then do it. By jumping straight in with something such as this, it just looks like you're spamming us. It would be no different on any other forum, I can assure you, as I've been hopping around forums, bulletin boards, usenet for close to twenty years now and it's always been the same.

Regardless, if anyone is interested then they'll obviously follow it up. As for covering it on the site though, it was the wrong way to get our attention, sorry. And when I say sorry, I mean it genuinely.
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Gamer IDs

I should probably point out that this doesn't make you any less welcome, and I'm sure nobody will hold anything against you. Just in case
    Linus Torvalds

Quote Originally Posted by MarkuzR View Post
    I should probably point out that this doesn't make you any less welcome, and I'm sure nobody will hold anything against you. Just in case
    Thanks for that! You guys seem cool. I hope my excitement for the game didn't jeopardize the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Did we just get spammed?

If not why do I feel dirty?
    This.

+ Reply to Thread