+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Becareful where you buy/download your games.

Default Becareful where you buy/download your games.

When two worlds two came out i was excited about it, so i download it from official site in Germany/Poland from Topware. Few weeks ago i just clean my harddrive due to bugs and other issues. So i couldnt redownload my game from their site, i did however tried to get words but they wont help you or talk to you. So had to rebuy the game from Steam.

Another sad news about Direct 2 Drive that have moved, going to end up to be Gamefly and noticed alot of my games are lost. Least they kept my record of what games i have bought and how much i paid for them. Only ten percent are on the list that can be downloadable and the others, well there no telling if they will add them.

I know alot of fans out there looking for something to do and looking for something fun to download to play. Gamefly should have given players credits so they can buy or do something rather been off the hook. I told them that i wasnt so happy what they did and doubtfully if i will ever buy anything from Gamefly. Unfort they never said a word when i send off couple emails about the situations and that wasnt good either.

Places like Gamestop, Steam and Gamergate seem to be okay, since Gamergate doesnt take credit/debit cards only thru paypal at this time.

So guys have fun playing and becareful where you buy your game to download.
    Happy hunting

Vittoria Agli Assassini PhantoM is on a distinguished road PhantoM's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PhantoM XI PSN ID: PhantoM- Steam ID: Asphyx1ateD

Wouldn't ever use anything other than Steam (excluding PSN and XBLA of course) for direct downloads.

Steam: Asphyx1ateD | PSN: PhantoM- | XBL: PhantoM XI

Waiting for: Watch Dogs, The Division
    Currently playing: Day Z Standalone / PS4: FIFA 14 & Battlefield 4
    Latest Platinum & 1000G: Metal Gear Solid 4 / FIFA 13

Visit my YouTube!

I have no problem, I walk into a shop chat to the sales assistant and buy whatever physical game I want, lol. I support my local retailer but at a stretch if I must I only use Amazon (in the crappy case of Two Worlds 2 anyway.) I'm not taking the p1ss but I realise all the problems that can be associately with steaming all game purchases, anyone else remember the pain in the @rse caused by the xbox RRod and DRM for downloaded purchases? With the sheer amount of times I have to backup and reinstall my PC due to my kids downloading stupid stuff I just got sick of losing save games and such as I only really backup music, family photos and important documents.

Some, they call me...Stu etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Etherfiend PSN ID: Etherfiend

That's the whole big issue I have with digital downloads, you are totally at the mercy of the company in terms of them switching off content, servers, going bust, etc. The comment about only buying from Steam is fair enough but there is no saying that 12 yrs down the line it is no longer the force it was and my entire catalogue (of about 5 games) could be inaccessible.

My hope is that this Ultraviolet is a success for movie media and the same then happens for games...buy a physical copy, unlock the code online and can then redownload at any time should I not want to risk the physical media. The ultimate backup solution and way to keep access to both physical & digital without having to buy multiple times.

Vittoria Agli Assassini PhantoM is on a distinguished road PhantoM's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PhantoM XI PSN ID: PhantoM- Steam ID: Asphyx1ateD

tbh I don't plan on playing the Steam games I have in 10 years time, lol. I never buy in physical shops, in my experience 90% of the time you will get shafted for prices. I use a mix of ShopTo, Play and Zavvi nowadays.

Steam: Asphyx1ateD | PSN: PhantoM- | XBL: PhantoM XI

Waiting for: Watch Dogs, The Division
    Currently playing: Day Z Standalone / PS4: FIFA 14 & Battlefield 4
    Latest Platinum & 1000G: Metal Gear Solid 4 / FIFA 13

Visit my YouTube!

I prefer physical media, although I use Steam for games that I can't get here, or for PC versions of games that I already own on the 360. I like GOG , as there is bugger all DRM and their catalogue of older titles is growing all the time.
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

I was going in to a big rant about how I love digital distrbution, but you don't need a rant, I like it. Physical media is also great, and to be honest we should just celebrate that we are part of a time where we have so many options available to us
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Wouldnt hurt to have both, digital and download while the package is shipping to you. I got War in the Pacific: AE from Matrix, the most expensive game i ever bought. And happen to buy one game from them that i wasnt happy with, still no refund or nothing, so its gamble out there guys.

Not every games say that has this or that or leaving out bad stuffs, and realise that the games sucked or you didnt like it. It happen all the time, if you are lucky can exchange it or get your refund back, that is very slim to come by.

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

It's very difficult to get refunds for games nowadays. Especially PC games because once you register the activation code thats it, the game now has zero resale value.

Its getting harder for console games too. Dont quote me but I'm pretty sure Tesco wont refund you on games nowadays unless you have a pretty good fucking reason i.e damaged disc. Even then you're only likely to get an exchange (for the same game)

Yeah we now have shit loads of choice but at the same time we've never been so restricted.

Your best bet would be doing some solid research on that game, i wouldnt buy it when first release. I am sure it will contain full of bugs and other issues, wait awhile like few months then see what going on.

There are alot of places can search infos about the games you are interesting in, youtube may give you ideas what the gameplay is like, official site and wiki. Try to read player comments and see how it goes.

Back then when Blizz mention about Diablo III, while playing D2. I was excited about it and now not too excited, leaving out good classes and game unbalance esp for pvp so on. Alot of players are complaining how the graphics is, so i dont care, i just missed my Necromancer and the Witchdoctor is no necro!

There are ton of games out there and some will keep you happy for awhile, while others will be boring or ripoffs.

Forgot to mention that i run on PC or custom build. So i dont use Xbox360 or any other consoles, didnt think they could download anything until now.

+ Reply to Thread