+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GAME maybe not be over just yet.

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

They announced they were going into Administration today.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

They kinda didn't. To the uninitiated, they did. To those who have been in business and know all the technical jargon, they didn't. What they DID do, however, was to go into a pre-pack administration which is entirely different from a regular administration. Administration is basically admitting defeat, holding your hands up and saying "We can't go on any further, really sorry... but we'll do our best to repay you as much as we possibly can by getting administrators involved to calculate the value of the assets and apportion as much as we possibly can to each and every person we owe money to". That's the PROPER way to do it, which is what we did when we lost something like 60% of our clients due to the recession and had to go into administration.

What GAME have done, on the other hand, is gone with the pre-pack administration which boils down to "We can't go on any longer, and we fully admit that and what we'll do is offer you 10p on the pound for everything that we owe you, and walk away from it with no debt hanging over our heads. Oh by the way, we'll also start up a brand new company under a different name (probably "GAME UK Ltd" or "GAMEY GAME GAME") in a few days time, using all of the stock that we already own, unless the administrators take it off us, with pretty much all of the staff that we've already got, all the company cars, all the same directors, same property locations, but just a different bank account and letterhead. Sucks to be you."

I have no time for people who go down route B. None whatsoever. Regardless of what their reincarnation is like, I won't be shopping with them as they basically screwed publishers, devs, suppliers, fulfilment operations, etc etc out of millions of pounds and walked away as scot free as they possibly could. I hate folk that do that.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

If they called themselves GAMEY GAME GAME I would walk into their shop for a look around, it sounds like a friendly place. If they want to represent themselves as the game sellers they became under a new name then they should call themselves Second Hand GAME.
    Surely you can't be serious!

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

My old boss went with plan B the fucking fuck. Im with Mark. Ive no respect for companies who do this. I wont be shopping in GAME again either.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Yeah man, fucking Midget Lovers Against GAME's Adminstration Debacle Unite (MLAGADU... du du... push pineapple shake a tree)
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

Quote Originally Posted by MarkuzR View Post
    Yeah man, fucking Midget Lovers Against GAME's Adminstration Debacle Unite (MLAGADU... du du... push pineapple shake a tree)
    Catchy

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    My old boss went with plan B the fucking fuck. Im with Mark. Ive no respect for companies who do this. I wont be shopping in GAME again either.
    Same here, but still worried about Gamestation. As long as Game doesn't rename them as something guey like 'Electronic Boutique', lol.
    Not only that but personally I'm at the cusp of two decent game releases - Warriors Orochi 3 and Witcher 2 and would hate for the chaos to cause me trouble in getting hold of these two releases from Gamestation.
    Last edited by SimonJK; 22-03-2012 at 17:17.

Gamer IDs

I see they've already gone ahead and launched their new stores. Apparently they're going more for the role playing market now though.

Linus Torvalds

So they just swapped two letters? Wow, that's original...

Vittoria Agli Assassini PhantoM is on a distinguished road PhantoM's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PhantoM XI PSN ID: PhantoM- Steam ID: Asphyx1ateD

The wonders of PhotoShop.

Steam: Asphyx1ateD | PSN: PhantoM- | XBL: PhantoM XI

Waiting for: Watch Dogs, The Division
    Currently playing: Day Z Standalone / PS4: FIFA 14 & Battlefield 4
    Latest Platinum & 1000G: Metal Gear Solid 4 / FIFA 13

Visit my YouTube!

+ Reply to Thread