+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Project: Uganda

The Virgin Destroyer Van-Fu San will become famous soon enough Van-Fu San's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vice Destroyer PSN ID: ViceDestroyer Steam ID: ViceDestroyer Raptr ID: Verflucht

Taking a quick walk around and seen some green bananas for sale.

This is staple food here and it is called Matooke. It gets mashed into a paste and served with anything and everything. But these green bananas are seriously lacking in essential minerals, nutrients, etc. Because of that, Bill Gates himself is funding a project to genetically modify green bananas, so that people that eat these will get the equivalent of a balanced meal. More info here. Click here.

Something else that amuses me is how ANYTHING has the potential to get stolen. Even these incredibly heavy rolled steel bars.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Aw mate, any chance you could bring us back come steel bars? And a wheel barrow, if you can. Fill it with green bananas.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

The Virgin Destroyer Van-Fu San will become famous soon enough Van-Fu San's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vice Destroyer PSN ID: ViceDestroyer Steam ID: ViceDestroyer Raptr ID: Verflucht

Not a problem. Shouldn't be a problem getting that on the plane.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Gamer IDs

Saw some more interesting sights. Here is a taxi driver catching some naps on his motorcycle.

A street musician and his colleague. Using gears as drums.

Here is me dicing with death again. Traffic here is just insane.

And finally, a fairly poor picture of a bodaboda motorcyclist, showing that it is possible to transport EVERYTHING on his cycle. You can glimpse a bit of a TV, but have unfortunately missed out on the passenger that he is also carrying.

Gamer IDs

And just like that, Project Uganda is complete. Sitting in my uncles house, after the trip. One final picture to upload. Taken at Entebbe airport. Me, my mum, my brother and my (step) dad. You can't see it and I might share the story with Gaming Lives one day, but my dad has survived an assassination attempt and still has a bullet lodged in his hip. He is Kampala's 50 Cent.

Project Uganda? SUCCESS!

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

Total badass. This is one of the coolest things ever.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Quote Originally Posted by Van-Fu San View Post
    my dad has survived an assassination attempt and still has a bullet lodged in his hip
    Still, it was nice of him to visit you in Penilee that time though mate, regardless of the outcome

Glad you had a great time mate, so good to see all the photos
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Yeah glad you had fun dude. Totally, Totally, awesome.

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

I hear your brother wants a PS3 too now.
    Surely you can't be serious!

Gamer IDs

Thanks for your kind words, everybody. Project Uganda was great and it was fun to share it with my favourite geeks.

Also, a PS3 is completely out of he question. I am a shameless console fanboy and will pass this on to my brother.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fsw0kd

+ Reply to Thread