+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 - Endings Petition [Spoiler Free]

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Default Mass Effect 3 - Endings Petition [Spoiler Free]

- NOTE: POST SPOILERS AND BE DAMNED FOR ALL ETERNITY -

This weekend I powered through ME3, possibly shortening my life by a few years in order to get to the climactic ending. I got to the end, completed all the side missions, got everyone "loyal" and received what is regularly called in the Bioware community as the "Best Ending". The issue is, I didn't like it and now I see theres this "huge" petition to get Bioware to add endings.

So my question to you lot is this, without dropping spoilers to the endings (I don't think you need to know them to discuss the issue), should gamers as paying customers have the right to request a better ending or are they all moany bitches who should just move on and play something else?
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

Is this for reals?

Ive been disappointed by game endings in the past as Im sure everyone here has but I didnt go throwing my dummy out then.

Then again this is Mass Effect.

Some, they call me...Stu etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Etherfiend PSN ID: Etherfiend

I was a bit 'huh?' at the ending, but unsure which I had...probably not the 'best' because the cheevos didn't pop for the galaxy at war bollocks. I would have preferred something more fitting tbh, I thought it was a bit of an odd one and a bit on the crappy side considering the quality of the rest of the game, nay trilogy.

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Hmm. I've got NO IDEA about any of the game so NO SPOILERZ about any of it please, as I'm waiting till tomorrow to start.

That said, I don't think people should be able to demand a better ending. Gamers think that if they get together sometimes and chuck their toys out of the pram they'll effect a change. All it does is give us a bad name!

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Paranormal Activity. There are a lot of movies where the test screenings have resulted in people complaining so much about the ending that they've actually gone back and filmed an ending JUST to suit the test audience. I Am Legend is famous for it, and I personally prefer the alternative ending (not sure whether the alterative ending is the one that ended up getting to the cinema or not as I only watched two downloaded versions) but Paranormal Activity is another one where test audiences went mental over the ending and so they reshot it.... twice. I got to see one of the alternative endings and loved it, but have yet to see the original ending or the other alt.

Is it right to demand another ending? I'm not sure. I mean... it depends on why the creative exists in the first place. My own music, for example, is done purely because I want to express myself. If someone dislikes an entire song, or a direction in which I've taken the song, then fuck 'em because it's not about them, it's about me. If the ending of Mass Effect 3 was done the way it was because the creative team genuinely WANTED it to end that way and had always envisioned it to end that way then the masses need to shut the fuck up. If, however, it was just one of the ways that they wanted to go and decided on it because they thought it suited the audience best and were thinking with their wallets... then they should reconsider the ending if the masses aren't happy.

I hope they don't, to be honest. I don't think the creative process should be fucked with. Programming can be fucked with because it's a means to an end, but a creative flow is all about the journey and it shouldn't deviate from the original direction just to suit some folk that shelled out £40. I fucking hated the ending to Fallout: New Vegas, but there's no way I'd ever think to demand a redo... I just walked away from it with a feeling of sadness. It is what it is, and the developers decided how it would play out (depending on my decisions, of course) and so I live with it.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    so NO SPOILERZ about any of it please
    Um yeah, I think Zero already covered that bit. Three times. In bold. And in uppercase in one instance. Bawbag :p
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MarkuzR View Post
    Um yeah, I think Zero already covered that bit. Three times. In bold. And in uppercase in one instance. Bawbag :p
    Wait till he finds out that Shepard is actually a cyborg sent from the future to kill Joker....oh shit.
    - Yer maw

Gamer IDs

and the bit with the sharks... I loved the bit with the sharks.
    Linus Torvalds

Gamer IDs

The laser sharks, sharks actually made from laser light.

Anyways, I agree with you Mark. If it turns out that bioware come back with, "Hey we wanted to do this, but we ran out of time and couldn't get it in." Cool, change your shit, updated it or whatever.

I don't think folk should just say hey this ending was shit, or it didnt conform to the norm, so we want it changed and Bioware just folds. That would not be good.
    - Yer maw

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

They should put more space sex into the ending.

Thats what Id want to see anyway.

+ Reply to Thread