+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wood shaped to hold a PC. AKA A Desk.

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Default Wood shaped to hold a PC. AKA A Desk.

So.. with the impending purchase of my PC I also need a new desk. My current one is over ten years old and won't hold two monitors that I plan to have.

What do people think of this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Large-COMPUT...559181&sr=1-22

It's pretty basic but I'm not after anything fancy. I don't really want a pull out keyboard and I'd prefer something I could just pull up to and work at.

Ikea, Argos and Staples don't really have anything decent. Anyone know a good desk seller / establishment?

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rynstex PSN ID: Rynstex Steam ID: Rynstex

My local Staples has some really nice desks knocked down from £200 to £100 so is worth checking in store if you haven't (their website is useless). I'm really fussy when it comes to desks, generally I steer clear of Argos as find their stuff rubbish. My current desk I picked up from a British heart foundation shop, only cost me £30 and was in pristine condition and is huge.

With the desk you've shown the bonuses:

A) Cupboards
    B) Lots of storage space
    C) Flat service for dual monitor setup (no silly shelves)

My (personal concerns)

A) Width, that laptop doesn't leave much space either side. Put a monitor and keyboard there and it could be pushing it, make sure to check it.
    B) I lean on my desk (forearms) if typing and would be concerned about it being a bit wobbly as those grey bits look like standard dowel / screw plugs which could give over time.

All in all is a nice desk As for where to buy one, unless you want to pay a bit more then it's all going to be the same, cheap chipboard with a plastic coating. As a possible suggestion, check out your local paper and see if any shops are having a clear out (or keep eye out while in town etc), I once got a really nice desk from a BSM office that was closing, free too

Keyboard trays are rubbish, first thing I used to do was take them off. They should never, ever be put on a desk.
    [Good Job Boots]

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Yeah I've had a keyboard try for the past ten years. The deks was bought when I was a kid so fair play to my parents. I didn't mind it at first but we don't have them at work and it's so much better at work that now it's just a pain. Plus one of the runners came off once and a tiny screw fell INTO my PC while it was turned on through a fan vent. It must of hit the heat sink and graphics card before resting on the PSU. I was incredibly lucky it didn't damage anything tbh.

I want a nice spacious desk. So something I can put the dual monitors on but also something I can have some writing material on etc.

I've been REALLY unimpressed with the Staples website. Totally useless. So I was thinking about popping down to my one and now you've really confirmed the thought so I may pop down there tomorrow... either side of giving Virgin Media a blasting in their shell like

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

My desk is dying. I'll need a new one by summer, probably. Here are some ok desks...

Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

The Huggy One Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bearhugger70 PSN ID: bearhugger70 Steam ID: bear_1970_

I vote for the Han Solo in Carbonite one lol
    I am hungry, I am incorrigible, I AM BEAR!

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

Personally I don't like that desk toffer. My desk is just a big simple looking one. No draws, shelves or other crap like that. Just a big piece of wood on some metal legs.

Theres a joke in there somewhere.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Personally I don't like that desk toffer. My desk is just a big simple looking one. No draws, shelves or other crap like that. Just a big piece of wood on some metal legs.

Theres a joke in there somewhere.
    Allow me: You need metal supports for your penis because it's just THAT long and THAT heavy...

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    My desk is just a big simple looking one.
    I heard your missus said the same about you.

Lolz.
    Surely you can't be serious!

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

Brilliant jokes like these is a reason why I keep coming back here.

That and all your mums belongs to me.

Lolz

+ Reply to Thread