+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms of I Am The Lawwww (Amalur)

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

Default Kingdoms of I Am The Lawwww (Amalur)

So I played the demo of this and it cleverly answers all the concerns about Skyrim.

It has a really good mini-map.
    It has less fussy leveling up.
    It has really decent fluid combat.

It kind of reminds me of Fable 2 but a bit more grown up and bit less pretentious.

I'm quite excited by it although I'll wait for the inevitable price drop.

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

It's certainly one to get dude. Played it a few times now at shows and I can reveal it's got that industry-famous, Toffer potato-stamp seal of approval

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

I refer to what I said two weeks ago:

Yesterday I downloaded and played the Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning Demo for the PC. I guess I expected too much from all the good things I heard lately since I was a little dissapointed.
    The graphics, the story-idea and many other things are very, very good but there are two things that were bothering me a lot. Granted, they're not making the game bad but I'm just like that. For one it's the fighting, it just feels a bit clumsy and I bet it'll get very hectic if there are more than 3 enemies. I tried to zap an enemy with the first spell you get but I spent all my mana on him since all attempts missed. The camera was facing in the right direction but the hero was not. Maybe I just missed the lock-on function but still :/
    And the second thing, and this is actually bothering me the most, is that all characters seem to have no facial expression at all. They're like Keanu Reeves and Kristen Stewart. When the first gnome finds you after you wake up he's almost flipping from all that joy, but his face looks like he's reading the manual for a sewing machine.
    I just hope that at least the expression thing will get fixed, call me elitist but this is actually a reason for me to not buy it right away and spend 50€ for it.

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Aw I liked the combat. Switching on the fly from magic attacks to swords to bows. All very exciting. It was proper fighting too, not just two stacks of statistics playing dice with each other. The acting was a deffo a bit Keanu though I agree.

Gamer IDs

Been playing it all day.

It skillfully avoids everything I hated about Skyrim. It's quite brilliant so far.

Nine-Tailed Fox Zephyr has a spectacular aura about Zephyr has a spectacular aura about Zephyr's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Songbreeze3 Steam ID: Zephyr3333

I'm loving it too. It's like the best bits from the Fable series and the Elder Scroll series got married and had a kid in an explosion of colour.
    For he did not know / That beyond the lake he called home / Lies a deeper, darker ocean green / Where waves are both wilder / And more serene / To its ports I've been / To its ports I've been.

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

I played it a few months back. It was awesome then. Really did enjoy it. So glad Richie is enjoying it XD

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    I'm loving it too. It's like the best bits from the Fable series and the Elder Scroll series got married and had a kid in an explosion of colour.
    And then it turned out that they left the kid on the doorstep of God of War, who raised it as a psychopath.

I'm proper loving it. The combat is so good and almost arcadey but the game doesn't scrimp on the RPG elements. I deliberately leveled up my sagecraft just so that I could create a health regen gem to shove in my boots.

Quick tip: there's a mission that you get in Webwood to find and kill a chap called Barten. Make sure you do the right thing and rescue him. The reward is well worth it.

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

Hey, you know you can completely re-spec your character if you talk to a certain person somewhere?

Gamer IDs

Yep, fateweavers will do that.

I fucking hate RPGs that don't let you respec.

+ Reply to Thread