+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Syndicate

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

Default Syndicate

Fucking SYNDICATE!

On GOG on the 19th.

FUCK YES!

(cheers for the news, Lornchpad!)

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Quote Originally Posted by Blucey View Post
    Fucking SYNDICATE!

On GOG on the 19th.

FUCK YES!

(cheers for the news, Lornchpad!)
    *Splosh*

Just heard a large noise coming from further up the country. Think it was Richie shooting his load everywhere.

Bet you're a happy bunny.

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Totally.

Running this on a PC has been a chore. Mainly because it was a DOS thing and the sound never worked. I've played it a few times on an Amiga emulator but this'll be liquid sex in your face.

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Maybe I should play it at some point. *Adds to the pile*

Gamer IDs

Yeah, it's still great.

It starts slow as fuck. Pro-tip for our sugar-addled youth: click both buttons and you'll hype your cyborgs up with mad drugs. That'll speed 'em up.

Gamer IDs

Tried the demo of this new Syndicate thing. Fuck me... it's awful. I'm not saying that as a fan of the original cos to be honest I hated Syndicate Wars too but this is so bad. I played it for ten mins and turned it off but then put it back on ten mins later and completed the whole thing with two buddies.

It's shit. The shooting is horrible. Really unsatisfying. Graphically it's a mess. It looks like Frontlines: Fuel of War. The first bit of the level is a particularly shit design too. The animation is the worst thing though... god it looks so bad.

Add to that invincible enemies that you have to get close to even though the level design makes that a really bad idea and also a fairly unconvincing leveling up system and it's all particularly meh.

Now this is the main thing and I'm not even joking here. It looks and plays like a poor man's Mindjack. Any site that gives this a good review and slated Mindjack will unfortunately be legally obligated to drink my piss.

If this is an example of how games are getting rebooted, we're in a for a long decade.

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

I quite enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong I only played it for about 10 minutes and didn't notice the graphics because most of my time was spent rebooting my team. Also didnt do much shooting, although when I did the enemies died pretty quickly, which either means i'm a bad ass or the rest of the team were also shooting them.

Had a team of 4 though so maybe that was the thing that saved it. I agree with you on the shooting, gun I had was inaccurate as fuck and you end up just spraying everything to the point where I was on my pistol for the last 10 guys.

It feels like they wanted combat to be a little slower paced than normal, I noticed folk running off COD style getting torn apart. I was using cover and trying to stay back (mainly because I was the only healer) and seemed to do ok.

Not sure if i'll pick it up but didn't have a terrible time with it in any case.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I watched my mate Graham playing Syndicate years ago, and had a wee shot myself for a few minutes. I can't really comment on how good or bad it was as there just wasn't enough time to form an opinion BUT it's a game that I always wanted to go back to and just never have. Maybe now that it's on GOG I will.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Gamer IDs

old Syndicate? It's good. Play it.

New Syndicate: it's made of piss.

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

Quote Originally Posted by Blucey View Post
    New Syndicate: it's made of piss.
    Syndishit?

See what I did there? Epic! Quick someone toss me off.

+ Reply to Thread