+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The PSV Eindhoven thread.

Some, they call me...Stu etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Etherfiend PSN ID: Etherfiend

If I'm on the move (train, etc) then I'll hit up the phone, but then only because it fits in my pocket - anything larger wouldn't go with me. Never owned or seen the attraction to handhelds, with phones getting better every year I don't think my mindset will ever change.

I never take my handhelds with me, funnily enough. I use them for bed/sofa/can't be arsed sitting up/wireless controller dead gaming
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

I don't used handhelds much, but finished Professor Layton 3 end of last year and bought another puzzle game for the DS which I am playing. Recently bought a game for the PSP which I've still to start, but mostly my PSP is used for putting on episodes of tv shows I watch for when I am travelling.
    Surely you can't be serious!

Lex talionis Curly Cobbler is on a distinguished road Curly Cobbler's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheAwkwardThief Steam ID: TheAwkwardGeek

I haven't owned a handheld since the Sega GameGear, and I only bought that because my Nintendo Gameboy was stolen in a burglary. I find myself in agreement with the majority, if I'm trying to kill 5 minutes in between a meeting and shoot, I'll play Angry Birds. If I want a proper gaming experience, I can wait until I'm home and turn on my "big boy" console.

I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should return before I get back, please, ask me to wait.

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

This'll need some sort of AAA bullshit and/or a really Richie-centric lemon for me to bite. I would have gone for a 3DS just to play Gollop's Tom Clancy 'em up but I like having eyes.

£120 with a game thrown in.

That's my provisional biting price.

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Yeah there's no way in the current climate I'd fork out for another handheld.

Tbfh: Nintendo DS + Advanced Wars DS = Endless Gameplay.

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Spent my drinking money on one.

One Among The Fence DomPeppiatt will become famous soon enough DomPeppiatt's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dom Peppiatt PSN ID: DomPeppiatt Steam ID: DomPeppiatt

I'd like to pick one up, but only for about half the price they're charging now.

Fuck Sony with their exclusive memory etc. The only reason I'd get a Vita is for the Final Fantasy X HD remake later this year. Aside from that, there's nothing about it that interests me. Can you play PSP Games on it?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DomPeppiatt View Post
    Can you play PSP Games on it?
    You can download PSP games from PSN. Had a quick look around online and the store is broken up into groups of letters (A-D, E- H type thing) so not sure how many titles are there. Don't know if they'll do some sort of code to let you or discount thing to let you trade in your UMDs for a digital copy of the games you may oiwn for PSP already.

The memory card is the smallest one I've seen to date, personally speaking.

Manager in HMV told me people were cancelling their pre-orders in GAME and buying the console in HMV (the two stores are beside each other). Probably because HMV gave Uncharted free with purchase while GAME only gave a starter kit (which I actually bought today).

GAME however would not give people back their deposits so people were buying their memory cards in GAME and the console in HMV.

One Among The Fence DomPeppiatt will become famous soon enough DomPeppiatt's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dom Peppiatt PSN ID: DomPeppiatt Steam ID: DomPeppiatt

Hmm, still not sold. Sony just don't seem to get it. They're rip off merchants.

Bah. If I've got some cash later this year, and one's going cheap, I'll pick it up. I only want to play FFissidia and FFXHD. Can't think of anything else that appeals to me. Maybe some old PS1 titles from the PSN.

The fact you cant play UMD on it is, quite frankly, fucking stupid. Why do designers seem so reluctant to allow backwards compatibility?

+ Reply to Thread