+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The obligatory what's on your wishlist for the new year? (2012 edition)

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Metro: Last Light because I liked the concept
    Bioshock Infinite because I like Elizabeth
    C&C Generals 2 because it's fucking C&C baby!!
    Borderlands 2 because fucking yeah that's why!
    Max Payne 2 because it impressed the fuck out of me when I saw it whenever the hell it was
    Kingdoms of Amalur because it looks beautiful
    Xenonauts because I already played the fuck out of the press build and enjoyed it so it HAS to be better, right??
    Hitman Absolution because it actually impressed me
    Lucius because it needs to be good or I'm going in a huff
    Risen 2 because Risen kicked ass and is the hardest RPG I've ever played!
    Inversion as it impressed the fuck out of me... TWICE!
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

UPDATE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown from Sid fucking Meier
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Quote Originally Posted by joeydale13 View Post
    I'm trying not to look too far ahead and scare myself with how much money i will be spending... so in the first quarter the three games that bounce off the top of my noggin are:

Mass Effect 3
    Kingdoms of Amalur
    Binary Domain
    Binary Domain! I'd forgotten about that. Very cool from what I've played

Award Winning Layabout Ricass is on a distinguished road Ricass's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ricass PSN ID: DokRic Steam ID: ricass

Mass Effect 3
    Bioshock Infinite
    Catherine (already pre-ordered)
    Prison Architect
    Max Payne 3
    Hitman: Absolution (but I'm still wary from the small amount of footage that I only just got round to watching)

Of course, I imagine a veritable shitload of new games will be announced before summer so we'll just have to wait and see!
    Whoever thought I'd end years of dejected loneliness/Making hot keyboard love at 2.4kBps?

Wow, I kinda haven't really looked into it yet to stave of disappointments. but so far I'd have to say:
    Kingdoms of Amalur; The Reckoning
    Borderlands 2.
    Lego Batman; Heros of DC
    GTA 5.
    And I hear rumors of a remake of Xcom;Enemy Unknown.

But I reckon I will buy several others to keep me saneish:
    Mass Effect 3.
    Neverdead (looks interesting)
    Dragon's Dogma.
    Risen 2
    Witcher 2

And then the rumors that have me excited like a maybe on Sacred 3 and the rumor that the Diablo 3 devs may be hiring someone to work on a console converstion (Source - Joystiq)

Massive forehead The Sonic Mole will become famous soon enough The Sonic Mole's Avatar
    Leeds (but I'm originally from Leighton Buzzard)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Sonic Mole Steam ID: thesonicmole Raptr ID: TheSonicMole

Quote Originally Posted by joeydale13 View Post
    I'm trying not to look too far ahead and scare myself with how much money i will be spending... so in the first quarter the three games that bounce off the top of my noggin are:

Mass Effect 3
    Kingdoms of Amalur
    Binary Domain
    Aargh. Kingdoms of Amalur is another I'd forgotten about!

"By the tits of my ancestors!"

Gamer IDs

UPDATE: Maybe not XCOM - Enemy Unknown from Sid fucking Meier, actually.
    Linus Torvalds

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkuzR View Post
    UPDATE: Maybe not XCOM - Enemy Unknown from Sid fucking Meier, actually.
    Based on what? After the last news post on GL about it I was all gooey in my underpants. Looks good for a modern take on the game. Early doors yet mind.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Gamer IDs

Based on the last news post They're trimming out the micromanagement from the game, which was what made it so awesome for me. Infiltration, capture, interrogation, research, development and manufacturing... all the stuff that set X-Com apart from other games I'd played. But they're stripping out that aspect to streamline it for modern gamers. Such a shame.
    Linus Torvalds

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Oh. Then i'm with you. Fuck that game.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

+ Reply to Thread