+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Happy 2nd Birthday, Gaminglives!

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

Default Happy 2nd Birthday, Gaminglives!

Two years ago today, the first article "Flagging Energy" (by that awesome writing wonder Lorna) was published on the beautiful Gaminglives.com front page.

Thanks for the awesome times, everyone!

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I've just found the first screenshot I ever took of the site after it was live....

Happy birthday little site. You deserve a great life.

EDIT: Changed the screenshot from a "design process" shot to an actual live shot.
    Last edited by MarkuzR; 23-12-2011 at 12:45.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Amazingly as I clicked this Thread "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey came on Spotify.

While I'm certainly not a small town girl (Maidstone's fairly big) I certainly don't think that ANY of us, should stop believing that GamingLives can continue to grow into a huge success. Even bigger then it is now.

Looking at ALL the adversity that we've faced this year (and I'll appreciate that I'm not privvy to half the stuff that goes on here or any of the stuff that goes on in your personal lives) but if you think about all that and then look at what we've still achieved...

Then we deserve a big fucking pat on the back.

Happy Birthday GamingLives! And thank you to Mark, Lorna and everyone else who puts the effort in.

Nine-Tailed Fox Zephyr has a spectacular aura about Zephyr has a spectacular aura about Zephyr's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Songbreeze3 Steam ID: Zephyr3333

Happy Birthday GamingLives!
    And special thanks to those behind the scenes who keep it running and those who breathe life into it everyday by being part of the community.
    Viva la GamingLives!
    For he did not know / That beyond the lake he called home / Lies a deeper, darker ocean green / Where waves are both wilder / And more serene / To its ports I've been / To its ports I've been.

Happy birthday GL! May you have many more.

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Happy B day you beautiful website you.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

Happy Birthday GL I love this site!

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Happy Birthday GamingLives!
    And special thanks to those behind the scenes who keep it running and those who breathe life into it everyday by being part of the community.
    Viva la GamingLives!
    This. A hundred times. Happy Birthday you wonderful thing you. Becoming art of this awesome community was a very good idea, I enjoyed every visit

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I just want to say a huge thank you to Lorna, right here where everyone can see it. Not only was she able to take my Borderlands 2 preview, edit it, image it up, and get it live in less than an hour after the presentation finished at Gamescom but she also edited and published Adam and Joe's articles for me... and I think she did six in one day too. Since getting back from Gamescom, I've literally been working myself into a daze so Lorna stepped up and took over doing all the articles as well as trying to juggle GamingLives whilst running our business with me, going into Glasgow or walking up to the village on a daily basis to deal with banking and post office crap, pretty much been making all meals for us too. All this while she was dealing with pregnancy discomfort.

My work has been immersive to the point where I've had no time to myself since Gamescom, so without Lorna... GamingLives wouldn't still be around. That is the honest, and sad, truth. Those who care about GL owe it all to Lorna. I'm a very lucky guy to have someone who would spend so much of their time on something that was my idea and supposed to be my burden to carry when I decided to do it two years ago. I was told that it would snowball and take up far too much of my time... and she was right, except that it's also taken up far too much of hers too.

I'm indebted to her.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

This.

Lorn rocks the face clean off yo body.

+ Reply to Thread