+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good Old Games

Nine-Tailed Fox Zephyr has a spectacular aura about Zephyr has a spectacular aura about Zephyr's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Songbreeze3 Steam ID: Zephyr3333

Smile Good Old Games

The other day Lon introduced me to a fantastic site called http://www.gog.com/ (Good Old Games).

You can buy older games that might not work on today's PCs, they're cheap and DRM free! Plus after downloading you don't have to be connected to the net when playing them and you sometimes get extra stuff with them such as manuals, soundtracks and piccys.

This is fab for anyone like me who doesn't have Steam for whatever reason and I've found some real gems on here like: Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Simon The Sorcerer 1 & 2, Myst 1 & 2 and Dark Fall 1 & 2

I definately reccomend checking it out!
    For he did not know / That beyond the lake he called home / Lies a deeper, darker ocean green / Where waves are both wilder / And more serene / To its ports I've been / To its ports I've been.

Bearer of The Hat of Boo! Fluff will become famous soon enough Fluff's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fluffy Fury Steam ID: fluffyfluffyfury Raptr ID: FluffyFury

No Hocus Pocus - not interested.

I need Hocus Pocus back in my life

Cool find though.

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

I've been with these guys for a couple of years. Made the mistake of assuming they were common knowledge. I picked up a couple of games on there. One you should get is Free Space 2. It's an amazing space sim (better then X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter and the single games respectively)

The Space Genre died a death years ago. Free Space 2 still has fan made updates and content over ten years later. It really got the forumla right. I really encourage you to play it!

Love GOG. Picked up Dungeon Keeper, Battle Chess and others there.
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Love GOG. Picked up Dungeon Keeper, Battle Chess and others there.
    Battle Chess! Now that take's be back!

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

Arcanum for 5,99? Dear God, why haven't I seen this earlier? That is awesome!

I got the director's cut of "Broken Sword" from that site / shop. It was for free that day

Nine-Tailed Fox Zephyr has a spectacular aura about Zephyr has a spectacular aura about Zephyr's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Songbreeze3 Steam ID: Zephyr3333

50% off Christmas sale at the mo! I am SO there!
    http://www.gog.com/en/page/xmas11
    For he did not know / That beyond the lake he called home / Lies a deeper, darker ocean green / Where waves are both wilder / And more serene / To its ports I've been / To its ports I've been.

Head in the Clouds SmudgedHorizon is on a distinguished road SmudgedHorizon's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: smudged horizon Raptr ID: smudgedhorizon

Oooh will definitely check this out. I have some oldies on disc upstairs (dungeon keeper 1 & 2, Theme Hospital + Park, Transport Tycoon, etc etc) but the discs are so embarassingly battered I doubt they will read to start with so digital versions would be perfect.
    Currently Playing: Skyrim, Kinectimals, Star Ocean TLH

TrueAchievements | Raptr | 360voice

BT Progress 42.00%: Edge:53% Reimi:31% Faize:33% Lymle:49%
    Bacchus:48% Meracle:30% Sarah:28% Myuria:44% Arumat:62%

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

Quote Originally Posted by SmudgedHorizon View Post
    Oooh will definitely check this out. I have some oldies on disc upstairs (dungeon keeper 1 & 2, Theme Hospital + Park, Transport Tycoon, etc etc) but the discs are so embarassingly battered I doubt they will read to start with so digital versions would be perfect.
    Windows 7 tends to hate old games but GOG do some magic jiggery-pokery and make it work. They did it with Syndicate. That's all you need!

+ Reply to Thread