+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iTunes problem

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

Angry iTunes problem

Can anybody help me with this error? It is driving me up the wall now.

I've been trying to update to itunes 10.5 but everytime I do this pops up.

I've tried uninstalling iTunes and putting a fresh copy on but that fails too. I even tried a system restore, that didnt work either. I can't gets me some iOS 5 without this stupid update. Need help.

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

After a fair bit of digging it appears that alot of windows 7 64 bit users are coming out of the woodwork since I posted this. Awaiting a fix from apple but I've learned of a work around. Can't try it out yet because I'm at work but apparently if you leave the error box alone after it pops up then iTunes will still open and you can update your phone. Will let you know how I get on later.

Gamer IDs

If your bothered that is.

Cnuts.

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

No one gives a fuck.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    iTunes
    Well, there's your problem.

Gamer IDs

Philistines.

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

iTunes was a pain in the arse though, updated it on Vista. The actual phone update didn't want to update, unknown errors and all that shit. Had to format the phone, then update it manually.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Quote Originally Posted by UselessJack View Post
    Well, there's your problem.
    I was just scrolling down to post exactly this, word for word. Have some rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blucey View Post
    Putting a lime filling in a Jaffa Cake doesn't make it "spooky". Unless you're selling it to me in a graveyard. And I'm not in a graveyard you biscuit/cake/not sure selling c***. I'm in Tesco wondering why the f*** all the food has been replaced with masks and Haribo.

I know this doesn't help much, but my Win 7 64 laptop was fine with the update a week ago, but then I have an Intel CPU - the error message suggests you have an AMD CPU?

Dunno why CPU manufacturer should matter though, unless iTunes is doing some crazy low level stuff to get performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blucey View Post
    Putting a lime filling in a Jaffa Cake doesn't make it "spooky". Unless you're selling it to me in a graveyard. And I'm not in a graveyard you biscuit/cake/not sure selling c***. I'm in Tesco wondering why the f*** all the food has been replaced with masks and Haribo.

Gamer IDs

The work around is working. Just trying to download the actual update but the servers must be jammed. Its been telling me to try again later, but fingers crossed I'll get it this time.

@Jocky apparently its hit and miss whether or not it happens to you. Seen alot of people with all sorts of chipsets having the same issue but their error message exchanges AMD for whatever their chip is. Trust apple to make this amazing phone and then chain it to this piece of shit programme. Fuckers.

Oh well, iOS 5 here I come. FINALLY!

+ Reply to Thread