+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gears of War 3

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Having huge fun with Gears. Really is the Halo Reach of the Gears series I think. Boiled down the awesome to concentrate.

Campaign was a little meh, must admit. Tad cheesy for me and the final boss, sigh. Multiplayer is where its at with this game though, horde mode is challenging, maybe too challenging, little bit of RPG gameplay in there with your leveling obstacles. Beast mode is fresh and fast paced. Not played much of the other stuff. Mainly because the game sufferes from a terrible case of the douchebags but so far it's alot of fun.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Some, they call me...Stu etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Etherfiend PSN ID: Etherfiend

I have to admit, after reading the books avidly (and loving them) it seems that Karen Traviss is best suited to literature as the campaign lacked something in the story that was there in Gears and definitely in Gears 2. Although happy with the story I didn't find myself drawn in like previous Gears games.

Perhaps a second run through will change my mind. I was impressed with parts of the story, but sometimes wonder if the desperate need to 'add more colour' (which was never an issue for me) caused them to try and squeeze in all the different locales which stopped the thing picking up some speed before it had to get moved along.

The Easter eggs are pretty sweet too. Example

Spoiler ->Playing a round on multiplayer Gridlock without having any ash people disturbed gets you a poignant tune on the second round

I'm wondering if there's a cheev or some sort reward for playing crap loads of hours?
    I've seen several people on my friendslist *coughcoughEtherfiend and Viccoughcough* just sitting in a private game for crap loads of hours, not actually doing anything.

The Virgin Destroyer Van-Fu San will become famous soon enough Van-Fu San's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vice Destroyer PSN ID: ViceDestroyer Steam ID: ViceDestroyer Raptr ID: Verflucht

At the moment, it's really about getting some of the medals. I don't even know why I am bothering, but yes, anytime you see something like that happening, it is because there is something to be unlocked at the end of it. What I am doing, and I suspect that Ether is doing it as well, is sitting in a Private Warzone match, set to 1 minute, so that he can get the Onyx medal for having 'played' 4000 matches and also having 'played' 1000 matches as a girl. There is no achievement to get, but I'd like some Onyx medals.

There is of course an achievement for getting ALL Onyx medals, but in all honesty, the requirements for that are so out of this world, you may as well forget ever getting them all.

Some, they call me...Stu etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Etherfiend PSN ID: Etherfiend

Quote Originally Posted by Van-Fu San View Post

There is of course an achievement for getting ALL Onyx medals, but in all honesty, the requirements for that are so out of this world, you may as well forget ever getting them all.
    No...it will be mine. 9/60 Onyx so far... =D

I just completed the campaign, in solo, on normal.
    Not a bad ending. Not spectacular, but not bad either. Need to get a four player game started soon.

+ Reply to Thread