+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Episode Two Strikes Back

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rynstex PSN ID: Rynstex Steam ID: Rynstex

Default Episode Two Strikes Back

So here it is – the ever-so-tough second album and episode two of the GamingLives podcast. Adam is joined by Ben, Lee, Mark and Lorna and this episode’s topics of discussion include some of the week’s highlights from GamingLives.com, the summer drought (or lack thereof), Dead Island and the over use of Zombies, the blurring lines between genres, Microsoft being dicks over exclusives, AAA titles marketing methods, GAMEfest, Lee’s new Kinect accessory and more.

We would also like to say a massive thank you to everybody who listened to our debut episode last week. You doubled (and then some) our expectations of where we wanted to be in six months time, let alone after just seven days.
    iTunes
    If you're an iTunes user, then don't forget to head over to the store and subscribe, so you'll never miss another episode again. iTunes Link - here.

Zune
    If your ball is instead in Zune's corner then we've got you covered for that too, simply follow these easy steps:

Quote Originally Posted by Podcast Panda
    • Fire up Zune
    • Click “Collection” in the top left
    • Click on “Podcasts”
    • Down at the bottom left click “Add a podcast”
    • Copy and paste the below URL into the box that pops up
    • http://www.gaminglives.com/category/podcast/feed/
    • Hit Subscribe
    • Enjoy the GamingLives podcast delivered to your Windows 7 phone or Zune device fresh every week.

Website Stream

Alternatively you can listen to it directly from the website via the handy streaming tool, Link - here
    Last edited by MarkuzR; 02-10-2011 at 10:19.

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

Loved it!

Senior Member FC360 will become famous soon enough FC360's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FC360D Steam ID: FC360

My itunes isn't showing it for some stupid reason, this is the reason I don't use apple products.

Had to go to the itunes site and then tell it to open in itunes stupid thing

Interesting podcast, I had a big long laugh when someone said League of Legends is a tower defence game rofl, how is it a tower defence game? You can't build towers to defend your base. If League of Legends is a Tower defence game then Halo reach is a tower defence game too.
    Last edited by FC360; 18-09-2011 at 22:22.

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by FC360 View Post

Interesting podcast, I had a big long laugh when someone said League of Legends is a tower defence game rofl, how is it a tower defence game? You can't build towers to defend your base. If League of Legends is a Tower defence game then Halo reach is a tower defence game too.
    It was inspired by the original DoTA (what you may say started it all for the modern day tower defence genre) map for Warcraft III, you don't have to build a tower in tower defence games! The term is used to describe games where an attack / defend system is put in place, usually with each team having a 'base' you have to defend / attack.
    Last edited by Rynstex; 18-09-2011 at 22:32.

Woo my gaming knowledge of games I haven't played knows no bounds

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Rynstex View Post
    It was inspired by the original DoTA (what you may say started it all for the modern day tower defence genre) map for Warcraft III, you don't have to build a tower in tower defence games! The term is used to describe games where an attack / defend system is put in place, usually with each team having a 'base' you have to defend / attack.
    Ah, I shall have to look into when it was changed to that sort of game style I've always thought Tower Defence is where you have to build towers to prevent enemies from reaching your base which is what the original games were like, guess it changed to a more general term

Gamer IDs

The term just evolved over time, same way as action / adventure gets penciled to anything it can.

I think if you've got a base to attack / defend (like in League of Legends) and there's also a supply of AI (enemy and friendly) helping you out (or attacking) then people just stick the words tower defence in there.

Same way people say a game is an RPG just because there's a bloody inventory system.
    Last edited by Rynstex; 18-09-2011 at 23:19.

Gamer IDs

lol yeah that RPG thing is really annoying.

Finally finished listening to the podcast, pretty funny guys can't wait for more funny gaming news

Also everything you just said fc360 kind of furthers the point I was really making which is that the lines between genres get blurred to point where people aren't sure how to classify games now. Glad you enjoyed it though man and thanks for listening.

+ Reply to Thread