+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Google+

Some, they call me...Stu etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Etherfiend PSN ID: Etherfiend

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Invites are selling for £10 a go on Ebay. Fucking joke.

PS, I'll sell mine for just £9.99
    give one to me please

I like the idea behind the circles. By sharing things to some circles I wouldn't spam people with uninteresting stuff. For instance, if I setup a Gaming Lives circle then I could exclude them from when I share GL tweets, etc. as they already see them multiple times currently. Likewise my cool, hip 90yr old gran that somehow magically loves all things social media can be excluded from any sharing of content that may be offensive to her generation.

If this takes off then I'd probably use it over fb/twitter, in fact I'd probably kill my fb account altogether.

Sack Toucher Kat will become famous soon enough Kat will become famous soon enough Kat's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x Libitina x

I'm wary of this "hanging out on webcam" malarky :/

"Don't play with me,
    'cause you're playing with fire."

Senior Member FC360 will become famous soon enough FC360's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FC360D Steam ID: FC360

the invite system has been taken offline as they had so many ppl signing up for the service and alot of ppl inviting their friends. From what I read about it on yahoo news it sounds interesting. Google does have another social site called orkut which is very popular in mexico, I've used it and have to say it's a alright website just a little boring.

I found out the other week that Facebook actually lost users in USA last month and the rate of new users has dropped dramatically so now might be the right time for google to come out with a decent social networking site.

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

Quote Originally Posted by FC360 View Post
    the rate of new users has dropped dramatically
    I have no idea why this is considered a death knell. Doesn't Facebook have something like 2 billion members? Of course it's going to drop dramatically if ONE IN THREE PEOPLE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD have it

Sack Toucher Kat will become famous soon enough Kat will become famous soon enough Kat's Avatar

Gamer IDs

If Stu and Pete's invites from me work then it's still online, I'm just getting around it in a sneaky way ^_^ Have been able to help a handful of peeps on this morning. They may close the loophole soon though if they're getting too many sign up.

"Don't play with me,

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

Am I the only person who thinks that an invite only social networking site is counter-intuitive? I know it's only for now, but the fucking system is free anyway.

Yeah, so we have this new free social media and networking site that we want to use to topple Facebook... only you can't join it. No. Sorry. Hey, why are you going over to use Facebook instead? Come back!

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rynstex PSN ID: Rynstex Steam ID: Rynstex

I welcome my Google overlords, someone let me jack in please.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Preacher View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks that an invite only social networking site is counter-intuitive? I know it's only for now, but the fucking system is free anyway.

Yeah, so we have this new free social media and networking site that we want to use to topple Facebook... only you can't join it. No. Sorry. Hey, why are you going over to use Facebook instead? Come back!
    I think it's genius marketing. It creates buzz and demand. It makes people (some, not all) reeeeally want to join. Right now it's like a beta and it stressed this as I signed up. I would however like to have my friends on there and it's milding frustrating that not everyone can join up.

Ben, I'll try sending you an email but seems to be hit and miss as to whether it lets you in or tells you you can't join.

"Don't play with me,

The Huggy One Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bearhugger70 PSN ID: bearhugger70 Steam ID: bear_1970_

My mail didn't let me join... says they're at capacity for the Beta
    I am hungry, I am incorrigible, I AM BEAR!

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

What makes this invite only? Not trying to be obtuse or anything, only I just went to the fucking website... clicked on the "sign up" button and did it. Didn't have any email, just went to the bloody site.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

+ Reply to Thread