+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: *Sigh* Sega have been targetted...

Banned Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Knikitta PSN ID: Knikitta Steam ID: Knikitta Raptr ID: Knikitta

Default *Sigh* Sega have been targetted...

Seems that Sega can now be added too the 'Hacked' List:

Gaming giant Sega has become the latest hacking victim to have its user data exposed with over a million customers affected.

Hackers stole the personal data of 1.3 million customers from the Japanese company's European website.

An email was sent by Sega to its customers using the Sega Pass system on Friday admitting personal details including email addresses, dates of birth and protected passwords had been taken.

But the company said no financial information was stolen.

The system was taken offline on Thursday as user passwords were reset, but at the time of writing the Sega Pass system was still unavailable online.

Sega users have been alerted that they might receive suspicious emails asking for personal details.

The email from Sega to customers said: "We have launched an investigation into the extent of the breach of our public systems.

"We have identified that a subset of Sega Pass members' emails addresses, dates of birth and encrypted passwords were obtained. To stress, none of the passwords obtained were stored in plain text.

"Please note that no personal payment information was stored by Sega as we use external payment providers, meaning your payment details were not at risk from this intrusion."

The Sega cyber attack follows similar thefts targeting Sony and games company, Codemasters.

In June personal information and passwords were stolen from Codemasters, but again no financial details were taken.

Earlier this year, the Sony PlayStation network suffered two hacker attacks causing one of the worst security lapses ever.

One hundred million games console users may have had their personal data stolen.
    The hackers who claimed responsibility for the Sony attacks, LulzSec, have apparently denied the Sega security breach.

A Tweet using the account @LulzSec said: "@Sega - contact us. We want to help you destroy the hackers that attacked you."
    Source

Gotta wonder if this is all planned to help these companies find out how secure they really are.

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

I got an email about this the other day. Should really think about changing some passwords... but maybe that's exactly what the hackers want me to do?

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

I got an email too. Fuck sake. I swear, it'll be Live before too long. They seem to be working through all the gaming companies one by one according to which is easiest to hack.

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

I'm not sure what they hope to gain really. Apart from pissing off the gamers. Which I can only assume they are aswell.

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

Apparently Lulzsec want to take those hackers down.
    Why?
    Lulzsec loved the dreamcast.

One Among The Fence DomPeppiatt will become famous soon enough DomPeppiatt's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dom Peppiatt PSN ID: DomPeppiatt Steam ID: DomPeppiatt

LIVE won't fall. LIVE is like Minas Tirith. PSN was merely Helm's Deep.
    I guess with Sega and Codemasters being fucked, we can all look forward to Ubisoft and perhaps the EA servers going down.
    I don't reckon it's the same guys - I reckon the publicity of the PSN hack made people go- "oh, hey - we can hack smaller companies! Why didn't we think of this before!"

I mean, I could be wrong, but I literally never am.

Winkyface.

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

I got an email from Sega about this too. I didnt even know I had a Sega account. :-/

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

You will have gotten a SEGA account when you took Shogun 2 online, Ste. It's published by SEGA and has their pass system tied up in its online component.

Burnt Crumpets MoltenRog is on a distinguished road MoltenRog's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MoltenRog

I'm confused here, Shogan 2 Online with steam works with the steam account system, not the sega pass system, so if you bought Shogan 2 Via Steam it doesn't effect your account, and the brink situation as it uses the steam system to login, I will assume it's not effected by the leaked passwords either as it would be a breach of Valve/Steam correct?
    Playing with fire will get you burnt, Playing with a volcano will send you back to the dinosaur age

+ Reply to Thread