+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Acoustic Gaming: A board game thread

Massive forehead The Sonic Mole will become famous soon enough The Sonic Mole's Avatar
    Leeds (but I'm originally from Leighton Buzzard)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Sonic Mole Steam ID: thesonicmole Raptr ID: TheSonicMole

Go looks really interesting. It's the sort of thing my wife would really like too. Will check it out!

"By the tits of my ancestors!"

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

Go is pretty good. Shogi, or Japanese chess, is also very similar and a lot of fun, and I play both of those too. Didn't realise Go was on XBLA, I have a version on my DS. Will have to go download the Xbox trial version and see how good it is!

Nine-Tailed Fox Zephyr has a spectacular aura about Zephyr has a spectacular aura about Zephyr's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Songbreeze3 Steam ID: Zephyr3333

Happy to spread the Go love!

Didn't know there was a Go game out for the DS though, will have to check it out.
    I'm loving the XBLA one, it's very tranquil and beautiful.
    For he did not know / That beyond the lake he called home / Lies a deeper, darker ocean green / Where waves are both wilder / And more serene / To its ports I've been / To its ports I've been.

Gamer IDs

The DS version was an import from Holland, not sure if they ever brought it out here. I'll have a look for you, Tan. I also got Mahjong and Shogi from the same developer, it's not like there's any text involved really anyway.

There were so many beautiful looking boardgames on the stalls at PAX East, I wouldn't know where to start. Great place to go, not just for videogames, but for tabletop D&D, Warhammer, Magic the Gathering, and actual board games. The Steve Jackson ones were all very intriguing.
    Last edited by Sketch; 16-06-2011 at 21:10.
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I adore Monopoly. That's about all I've ever played. Does the Buffy board game count?
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

Haven't played any board games in a long time that involved a real board and pieces, usually it's console based. I do like card games too, except 52 card pick-up, that one's shit.
    Surely you can't be serious!

Massive forehead The Sonic Mole will become famous soon enough The Sonic Mole's Avatar
    Leeds (but I'm originally from Leighton Buzzard)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Sonic Mole Steam ID: thesonicmole Raptr ID: TheSonicMole

Quote Originally Posted by MarkuzR View Post
    I adore Monopoly. That's about all I've ever played. Does the Buffy board game count?
    You should try Carcassonne, Settlers of Catan or Pandemic. They're really good gateway games. Better than any of that Monopoly malarkey!

"By the tits of my ancestors!"

Cereal Monogamist Adam will become famous soon enough Adam will become famous soon enough Adam's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PartWelsh Steam ID: PartWelsh

I like board games I'm mainly one for Monopoly and Scabble same as everyone else but I also love Stud Poker, Cheat and Shithead (if you'll pardon my French)
    PartWelsh -Contemplating Saving the World

Gamer IDs

Wow, wait, you play Shithead?! I know the guy who invented that game. Seriously. He's an occupational therapist and careers adviser now, but he came up with it between himself and a mate on a backpacking tour of the world when he was in his 20s (he's in his 50s or so now). We were chatting after a interview and he brought it up when I mentioned playing online poker.

When he said he'd invented a card game and it had kind of taken off with groups of people playing it all around the place I figured he was full of crap and dismissed it out of hand. Surprising to hear someone here plays it... small fucking world.

+ Reply to Thread