+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PC Gaming/Steam

Massive forehead The Sonic Mole will become famous soon enough The Sonic Mole's Avatar
    Leeds (but I'm originally from Leighton Buzzard)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Sonic Mole Steam ID: thesonicmole Raptr ID: TheSonicMole

Steam has definitely made PC gaming more accessible for me. I always used to find it so daunting.

Oh, and their Christmas sales are THE BEST!

"By the tits of my ancestors!"

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Steam is a big ball of awesome wrapped in awesome with awesome sprinkled over the top. I've sunk many hours into that, and the Xmas sales ARE the best

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

Apparently the summer sale is usually good also.

I'm new to all this but I bet I end up spending stupid amounts of green queens on this.

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

Steam is mostly fine so long as it's used for copy protection and patching, and I still get a retail disc for my shelf.

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Steam Summer Sale is on. Too many deals to mention. Ludicrous.

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

May collapse from the amount there is. I actually have some money to

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

Gamer IDs

That's insane.

Edit: So far not seeing anything worth the cash. Got my Dad the Half Life Episodes... I'd like to give the Witcher a stab now that it's been patched as I've heard good things about both but seeing as I've not played Dragon Age and that's allegedly better I'll aim for that first.
    Last edited by Toffer; 21-12-2011 at 00:43.

Gamer IDs

Steam is so excellent but yet again I'm dropping out of PC gaming because my PC is a twat.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

In contrast... I haven't even boot up my Xbox 360 since the BBQ, or before. I think I did it once just to see an achievement or something like that. Since then though, it's been PC all the way. In saying that, my beautiful gaming rig sits silently upstairs as I do all my gaming on the laptop. Watching Tania playing Skyrim and Two Worlds II on the Xbox yesterday (most notably Skyrim, I have to admit), I couldn't believe just how utterly fucking shit it looked. Textures were ropey as hell, skin tones were away to fuck, and the realism just wasn't there at all. It sort of cements my concerns that Todd Howard was, in fact, playing it through a PC with an Xbox controller at E3.

In other news... I don't loathe Steam anymore. I haven't had any problems with it in over a year now because, if you recall, my main PC wouldn't even play disposable games like Alien Breed: Impact without arsing around and crashing every ten minutes. The laptop runs it fine, and I think the gaming rig does too although I've only ever played Commander: Conquest Of The Americas on it through Steam.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

+ Reply to Thread