+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RTS Games!

Burnt Crumpets MoltenRog is on a distinguished road MoltenRog's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MoltenRog

Default RTS Games!

Who likes some good ol'RTS games.. Proper classics though not new ones, well anyones between 1988-2009.

C&C
    Homeworld
    Dark Reign
    BoS
    Age of Empires
    Warcraft!!!

Come on, anyone down for some RTS loving
    Playing with fire will get you burnt, Playing with a volcano will send you back to the dinosaur age

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Love the C&C series, and every time Bear comes up to stay at GLHQ I try to squeeze in a few games but it doesn't always happen. Have to say though, that I pretty much despise the series beyond Generals. After that it was just a joke.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Banned Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Knikitta PSN ID: Knikitta Steam ID: Knikitta Raptr ID: Knikitta

Any of the C&C games, preferably the older ones! Red Alert was my favourite.
    I like the one that Ben makes maps for... is that Starcraft or am I thinking of something else?
    Warcraft
    Empires
    Stronghold?

Basically, if I can build, train and destroy then I like it!

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

If it has strategy in it, real time or otherwise, I've probably played it.

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

I'll play! Please please please! Any C&C game (Although I'd rather avoid Red Alert 3 and Tiberium Wars)

Also love Dawn of War! Dark Crusade is simply awesome. Someone set this up!

Preacher: Ever play KKND?

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Kick, Knee, No, Don't?
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

I've just signed up to Steam and have been playing World In Conflict. Seems okay but then I went back to C&C Generals as per my usual form.

1000s of PC games and I install that, Postal 2 (not Portal 2) and Freelancer. Cos that's how I roll. They aren't even on Steam. Ha!

Freedom Fighters is up next.

Senior Member FC360 will become famous soon enough FC360's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FC360D Steam ID: FC360

I love RTS games like starcraft, Supreme commander, Perimeter etc but I don't play them anymore as they either need a lot of stuff to work on windows 7, they just don't work on windows 7 or I can't find the disc. I have all the AOE games, that's 1, 2 and 3 plus expansions and used to really enjoy them but got bored after awhile as I played them to boredom.

Me and my dad really enjoy Homeworld and my dad still plays it, which reminds me I have to install it on the new PC. I can't play the games because when I want to play my dad is playing. I wish they would make more games like Homeworld because it was just such a brilliant series of games.

I would be up for some multiplayer on Homeworld 2 but I can't remember how to play the game, does the multiplayer still work? AOE doesn't have multiplayer does it? Since you say till 2009 does sins of a solar empire class?
    Last edited by FC360; 05-06-2011 at 02:21.

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    Preacher: Ever play KKND?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkuzR View Post
    Kick, Knee, No, Don't?
    I think he means Krush, Kill 'n' Destroy, heh. Also yes. I played the first one years ago, until I got distracted by Total Annihilation and Anno 1602. It was pretty generic RTS action, very like C&C RA or Starcraft. Had a weird sense of humour though.

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Quote Originally Posted by The Preacher View Post
    I think he means Krush, Kill 'n' Destroy, heh. Also yes. I played the first one years ago, until I got distracted by Total Annihilation and Anno 1602. It was pretty generic RTS action, very like C&C RA or Starcraft. Had a weird sense of humour though.
    I'm impressed. Not alot of people I know played that one. It was a cool game, but got massively overshadowed by the likes of C&C

+ Reply to Thread