+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited edition, special edition, or collector's edition, news, pics, and chat

Default Limited edition, special edition, or collector's edition, news, pics, and chat

A few of us have a passion for gorgeous collectable editions of games, so I thoguht that it was about time that we had a thread like this

Given that Preacher has just announced that the expansion is available to buy, I thought that I would post pics of the stunningly gorgeous collector's edition of the original game. If more companies went to such impressive effort with their limmited editions, then we'd end up with a damn site more interesting stuff than just steelbooks.

A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

I recently reinstalled the game. Its not bad. Little tricky to get into.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

procrasturbator pix3lboy is on a distinguished road pix3lboy's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pix3lboy PSN ID: Pix3lboy01 Steam ID: Pix3lboy Raptr ID: pix3lboy

I'm quite partial to steelbooks. I blame RE4 for that. The limited edition case looked awesome and was only about a quid more than the standard edition. It's a shame I liked the case more than the actual game :/

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    If more companies went to such impressive effort with their limmited editions, then we'd end up with a damn site more interesting stuff than just steelbooks SKINT
    I keep seeing lovely box sets, but I have no interest in the games themselves... it's a tough call to make but, thankfully, financial circumstances have managed to make the decision for me!
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

I have the same problem, a lack of general funding. I pick them up when I can, I was fortunate enough to stumble across the 1404 set when I had the money for it. Zero, if you're finding 1404 a bit awkward to get into, you might want to try the previous game in the series, Anno 1701. It's not quite so fiddly, looks just as impressive on a modern gaming PC, and leads into 1404 quite nicely. All of the Anno titles are basically the same game, but with added layers of complexity. It's a series that lives and dies on its long-time fans, of which I include myself, having played since the original, 1602. Consequently for me it's like going back to an old friend who has had some plastic surgery done, and has a few new secrets to share.

I ordered the limited edition of BC2. A little pointless because all it does is unlock some of the stuff you get by playing the game, but it's nice to know its there. Didn't cost me any more than the vanilla copy either.

Gamer IDs

I got a "special edition" of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen that was apparently exclusive to Game once. It didn't cost any extra and promised unlockable Gold Optimus Prime and (I think) Megatron. It turned out it was the standard edition of the game with a cheat code written on a shitty bit of paper. It was bad enough that the game sucked but that sheet of paper added insult to injury

just cause 2 has some good digital stuff included with its special ed but i dont the the box is any different. only £35 on shopto.net
    one of my fave console ltd ed's was for bioshock 1 it come with a brilliant statue that wasnt cheap plastic crap its the stuff your mums orniments are made from. the fallout lunchbox and bobble head was cool too

Gamer IDs

I got bored so took photos of my collector's editions. I used to have more but sold some

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Devil May Cry 4

Resident Evil 4 (such a sexy steelbook)

Lost Planet

Gamer IDs

Last couple;

Halo Wars

Gears of War 2

+ Reply to Thread