Thread: Getting to know you thread-me-do

Squirclebutt Xexal is on a distinguished road Xexal's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xexal PSN ID: Xexal Steam ID: Lord_Brightlegs

1. Name - Alex

2. Reached 25 yet? - Nope!

3. Home situation: - Settled

4. Vaguely where are you from (see, it's not stalking)? - England, creep

5. What does your username/forum name mean? - Its an anagram of my original name with an added X, some people will know where it's from

6. Last game you played? - Tales of the abyss 3DS

7. Top gaming achievement (360 or otherwise)? - I think it's the Use summon suffering one in Soul Caibur

8. If you were stuck on a desert island with just one game that you've never played properly (ie more than a couple of goes) what'd it be?: - Dissidia 012

9. Fave developer/publisher/whatever: - Square Enix

10. Most disappointing game: - Fable 2, So many broken promises D:

11. Which developer/publisher/whatever's mum needs a punch for spawning the useless bastards?: - Lionhead Studios

12. Biggest gaming annoyances? - Lack of detail and effort

13. Top three gaming systems owned: - Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS

14. What's your gaming skeleton in the closet? - Kingdom hearts is probably my favorite series, and I'm an 18 year old male D:

15. Oh go on then. Best games ever? - The above Oh, and the Tales Of series, also Soul Calibur's

16. Game you most want to be good in 2012? - Probably the Tomb Raider reboot

17. Top five bands of ever: - I don't really have favorites...

18. Latest song that you've listened to and liked? - Gotye-Somebody I used to know

19. Name a song you like by a band that sucks horribly: - I honestly don't know

20. Most hated band/s (go on have five)? - One Direction, JLS, Any and all boybands -__-

21. Best gig you've been to? - I've never been to one D:

22. Favourite drink? - Good strong Magners

23. Last book you read? - Yes Man by Danny Wallace

24. Last film you saw at the cinema: - Hunger Games

25. Fave actors?: Zooey Deschanell, Hugh Jackman, etc...

26. Recommend a film we've not seen. - The Core, its bad, but SO GOOD

27. Desert Island crumpet?: There are 2, and they will make me rather happy

Some, they call me...Stu etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Etherfiend PSN ID: Etherfiend

1. Name
    Stu

2. Reached 25 yet?
    A long time ago now...

3. Home situation:
    Played Borderlands? Good. Imagine Earl's Scrapyard but instead of a caravan and a pet skag its a house and a pot-plant. You're done.

4. Vaguely where are you from (see, it's not stalking)?
    Well when a mummy and a daddy love each other...what? Oh right, geographically. Right now, Oxfordshire.

5. What does your username/forum name mean?
    A fiend from the Ether. It was a name I came up with for a character in an RPG and then started applying it to everything. Several characters in created and then destroyed during my WoW career bore the name too...then they added a monster in the Burning Crusade expansion called an Ether Fiend...you can see what happened then...I WAS ETHERFIEND FIRST!

6. Last game you played?
    Borderlands, just last night.

7. Top gaming achievement (360 or otherwise)?
    Convincing my dad that not all games are evil and rot the brain, then consequently losing a lot of screen time on my Amiga because he kept playing Pinball Dreams.

8. If you were stuck on a desert island with just one game that you've never played properly (ie more than a couple of goes) what'd it be?:
    I'm not sure I'd risk a game I've barely played as it could be shit! It'd have to be either Magic Pockets (as I only played a little on my friends Atari ST) or Grim Fandango.

9. Fave developer/publisher/whatever:
    Very tough...I'd like to say Microprose but I think Origin pips them as they had more games I loved overall.

10. Most disappointing game:
    Frontier (Elite 2). Even now it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

11. Which developer/publisher/whatever's mum needs a punch for spawning the useless bastards?:
    Zynga. Before releasing the next AnythVille please go and die in a ditch. I hate 'facebook' games, always have, always will. The exception that proves the rule being Popcaps's Bejewelled Blitz that got me through many an hour of tech support calls in a previous job.

12. Biggest gaming annoyances?
    Competitive Multiplayer added to a blatantly single player game/experience.

13. Top three gaming systems owned:
    Commodore 64, Amiga 600, Xbox360

14. What's your gaming skeleton in the closet?
    I don't think I have any...if you exclude the easy achievement whoring on games like Lost, King Kong, Avatar (not the blue people one) and WWE Legends of Wrestlmania, etc

15. Oh go on then. Best games ever?
    Elite, Wing Commander, XCOM Enemy Unknown, Populous 2, Borderlands, Baldur's Gate, World of Warcraft (to hook me for almost four years was quite a feat)

16. Game you most want to be good in 2012?
    Firaxis version of Xcom, naturally. Otherwise Borderlands 2

17. Top five bands of ever:
    Prodigy, Pendulum, Orbital, Garbage, Pet Shop Boys (back when I was younger their early stuff sounded great...I still have the odd listen to this day)

18. Latest song that you've listened to and liked?
    Promises by Nero.

19. Name a song you like by a band that sucks horribly:
    Baby got back - Sir-mix-a-lot

20. Most hated band/s (go on have five)?
    Everything rap, hip hop, boyband, Lady Gaga and 'reality talent show' based.

21. Best gig you've been to?
    Linkin Park supported by Lost Prophets

22. Favourite drink?
    Vodka & coke

23. Last book you read?
    A Storm for Crows - George RR Martin

24. Last film you saw at the cinema:
    So good/long ago I can't remember...

25. Fave actors?:
    Jeff Bridges, Steve Buscemi, loads more but mind has gone blank...

26. Recommend a film we've not seen.
    The Sin Eater (not amazing but I'm no film buff who finds curious gems in little known filmland. I'm the epitome of 'mainstream' in terms of films and music.)

27. Desert Island crumpet?:
    Kate Beckinsale...Despite knocking on a bit I would totally still wreck her girly parts. Honourable mentions are Zooey Deschanel, Stana Katic, Abbie Cornish and Lauren Lee Smith

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Good book.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

+ Reply to Thread