+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: PSN Outage

One Among The Fence DomPeppiatt will become famous soon enough DomPeppiatt's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dom Peppiatt PSN ID: DomPeppiatt Steam ID: DomPeppiatt

Anyone know if I'll be able to claim these after June? I won't move into the new gaff until then, and Uni firewalls prevent PSN workind yada yada yada;
    It's important I get LittleBigPlanet and Infamous in my life.

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

Can get them up to 30 days after the store's back, I think.
    And it looks like we'll only be getting two, I'm not sure I actually put my profile on the PS3 to PSN. Oops.

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

Also, PS3 customers in Germany will not be able to download inFamous or Dead Nation and will instead be offered Super Stardust HD and Hustle Kings.

Similarly, German PSP owners won't have access to Pursuit Force or Killzone Liberation and will, instead, be offered Everybody's Golf 2 and Buzz Junior Jungle Party as part of their Welcome Back package.
    Well... Fuck.

It's for your own good Jack.

Things I have learned today:
    - Germans cannot be trusted with Killzone. They get Buzz Junior Jungle Party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blucey View Post
    Putting a lime filling in a Jaffa Cake doesn't make it "spooky". Unless you're selling it to me in a graveyard. And I'm not in a graveyard you biscuit/cake/not sure selling c***. I'm in Tesco wondering why the f*** all the food has been replaced with masks and Haribo.

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

Disappointed none of them get Conversation Simulator =[

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rynstex PSN ID: Rynstex Steam ID: Rynstex

Goes from bad to worse for Sony:

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Eurogamer has seen video evidence that verifies reports that Sony's PlayStation Network password reset system suffers from an exploit that allows attackers to change your password using only your PSN account email and your date of birth – information compromised in the PSN hack of 20th April.

Sony today made PSN sign-in unavailable for a number of its websites, including PlayStation.com and the PlayStation forums. All PlayStation game titles are also unavailable.

Crucially, the website users are directed to by password reset emails is now down.

"Unfortunately this also means that those who are still trying to change their password via Playstation.com or Qriocity.com will be unable to do so for the time being," Sony said. "This is due to essential maintenance and at present it is unclear how long this will take.

"In the meantime you will still be able to sign into PSN via your PlayStation 3 and PSP devices to connect to game services and view Trophy/Friends information."

Sony later tweeted: "Clarification: this maintenance doesn't affect PSN on consoles, only the website you click through to from the password change email."

The exploit was first revealed on Nyleveia.com.

"I would suggest that you secure your accounts now by creating a completely new email that you will not use ANYWHERE ELSE, and switching your PSN account to use this new email," recommends the site.

"You risk having your account stolen, when this hack becomes more public, if you do not make sure that your PSN account's email is one that cannot be affiliated with or otherwise traced to you."

NeoGAF users have also corroborated the claim.

Nyleveia claims to have contacted Sony about the exploit. "The system went down approximately 15 minutes after I received a response from SCEE on the matter."

Sony has taken the page in question down, and with any luck is fixing the exploit.

Eurogamer has contacted Sony for comment.
    [Good Job Boots]

+ Reply to Thread