+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 86

Thread: PSN Outage

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Cereal Monogamist Adam will become famous soon enough Adam will become famous soon enough Adam's Avatar
    Location
    South-West, UK
    Posts
    397

    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: PartWelsh Steam ID: PartWelsh

    Default PSN Outage

    So it's been down for quite a while which is nothing of note really. It's a free service, you don't pay for what you don't get. If I were a PS3, PSN user, I'd be annoyed I couldn't hook up with my friends or play online but oh well, never mind. As a 360 Gold Subscriber, if this happened to me, I'd be pissed.

    Still, this incredible downtime, resulting in the rebuilding of PSN has really gone south now, after Sony posted this blog update, detailing that the party responsible for hacking the service may have access to peoples personal information -including credit card.

    I would hope that the hacker is a Robin Hood sort of character that has simply done this to EXPOSE the flaws in the network rather than to EXPLOIT them and that there is no serious threat here. Still, that's an incredibly scary attack and for it to happen on the very first weekend where Portal was bringing Steam to the platform is a terrible change. I really view Steam as a game changer for Sony and for it to be completely inaccessible at this time is a massive shame.
    PartWelsh -Contemplating Saving the World

  2. #2
    Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    2,323

    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

    Default

    Some people are cunts. Thank god I've never given Sony my bank details. The DLC that I have brought in the past was brought via a prepaid card. I hope Sony catch up with whoever did this and royally give them a good fucking.

  3. #3
    The Virgin Destroyer Van-Fu San will become famous soon enough Van-Fu San's Avatar
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,091

    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Vice Destroyer PSN ID: ViceDestroyer Steam ID: ViceDestroyer Raptr ID: Verflucht

    Default

    Quote from comment #22 on that link in the original post.

    What about our trophies? Are they safe?
    You have to feel sorry for Sony this generation. They have had so many things go against them. Some their fault. Others not so much. WIll be interesting to see how long it will take, if ever, to win back customer confidence. Apple has shown that the easiest way to make customers part with their cash is to not make them enter their credit card details for every purchase. But this could end up being disastrous. New Sony tablets? Using Qriocity? That will not be for me.

    /rues the day he bought a Sony BD Player and expects some ragamuffin to use their on-demand service.

  4. #4
    Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    2,589

    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Van-Fu San View Post
    You have to feel sorry for Sony this generation.
    I don't. Not even a little. The vast majority of their problems are their own fucking fault. For example, this whole debacle... fine, they've been hacked. But their security should have been better, for one, and they also could have handled the downtime much, much better. Easter weekend, Xbox Live is free for four days, and Portal 2 is released. Big weekend all round. PSN goes down. But do Sony get a human being from somewhere to explain what's happening to their userbase? Nope. One blog update a day, saying the same thing every day "it'll be fixed soon". They managed to find some PR wonks to be interviewed about their previous company president dying, but nobody to tell millions of people why they can't use their very expensive console online.

    I used to swear by Sony for pretty much everything. Now I have an Xbox 360 as my main console, a Samsung telly and laptop, and a Pioneer radio. My only remaining Sony appliance is my DVD player, and that only works because it was built in 2001 before Sony's quality and customer service went to shit. Sony have gotten progressively worse over the last decade, and they've lost me completely. If they take a pounding to their turnover and their reputation over this they only have themselves to blame.

  5. #5
    Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar
    Location
    Front Row
    Posts
    2,162

    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Preacher View Post
    I don't. Not even a little. The vast majority of their problems are their own fucking fault. For example, this whole debacle... fine, they've been hacked. But their security should have been better, for one, and they also could have handled the downtime much, much better. Easter weekend, Xbox Live is free for four days, and Portal 2 is released. Big weekend all round. PSN goes down. But do Sony get a human being from somewhere to explain what's happening to their userbase? Nope. One blog update a day, saying the same thing every day "it'll be fixed soon". They managed to find some PR wonks to be interviewed about their previous company president dying, but nobody to tell millions of people why they can't use their very expensive console online.

    I used to swear by Sony for pretty much everything. Now I have an Xbox 360 as my main console, a Samsung telly and laptop, and a Pioneer radio. My only remaining Sony appliance is my DVD player, and that only works because it was built in 2001 before Sony's quality and customer service went to shit. Sony have gotten progressively worse over the last decade, and they've lost me completely. If they take a pounding to their turnover and their reputation over this they only have themselves to blame.
    I can pretty much agree with with Preachers saying in regards to the security side of things. They are a huge company with millions of users. Stuff like this shouldn't really be happening. For anyone that's interested my thoughts on the matter are over on my blog: http://antiherogaming.wordpress.com/...sco-continues/

  6. #6
    Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    2,323

    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    For anyone that's interested my thoughts on the matter are over on my blog: http://antiherogaming.wordpress.com/...sco-continues/
    Smooth...

    Back on topic, I'm a fan of Sony, I have a sony TV which I love and of course I have my PS3 and I've had a few other things in the past from them. I've always seen them as a symbol of quality in the sea of cheap Japanese electronics. I know Sony are not blameless in this, I just hope they can fix the damage and learn from their mistakes and be better for it.

  7. #7
    Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar
    Location
    Front Row
    Posts
    2,162

    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Smooth...

    Back on topic, I'm a fan of Sony, I have a sony TV which I love and of course I have my PS3 and I've had a few other things in the past from them. I've always seen them as a symbol of quality in the sea of cheap Japanese electronics. I know Sony are not blameless in this, I just hope they can fix the damage and learn from their mistakes and be better for it.
    Silky I know.

    Apart from my PS3 I don't have any Sony gear, and even that was free with a phone. I can't say I would of honestly bought one otherwise because I just dont reckon I would have had the cash or the care. It's not a bad piece of kit, but I am abit shocked about the PR side of things for this situation. Even if they didn't know how bad it was to begin with, surely you'd assume the worst case sceanrio?

  8. #8
    Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,896

    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: peacesquid

    Default

    It gets worse. This is the lead story on the Beeb's website.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13192359

    Basically Sony are warning people that their details may be compromised, including login info and possibly credit cards.

  9. #9
    Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar
    Location
    Front Row
    Posts
    2,162

    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

    Default

    Shocking really. I really am suprised it's got this bad. Sony better hope to hell that the people's credit information doesn't get used elsewhere or they could be in for a shit storm of trouble

  10. #10
    "The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar
    Location
    In the Internet
    Posts
    1,900

    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

    Default

    Wow, Sony are a bit fucked.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts